Trinket Not Recognized
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Trinket Not Recognized

by Ronanb87 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:03 am

Driving me nuts, should take 2 mins to upload a new code, but no....

Windows 10, installed latest IDE, the windows drivers, did the modifications on IDE (for adafruit AVR so the boards show up + programmer:USBTinyISP).

Trying to upload a simple code to my Trinket 5V (brand new), plugged into a USB 2.0 (not 3.0!).

I cannot get it recognized on IDE. It's like nothing plugged there (the PORT under tools is grayed out), but it shows up in my Device Manager (under USBtiny, with latest drivers).

What am i doing wrong???? I have years of using different electronics from a vast variety of companies, so i'm guessing i'm missing something so obvious its flying over my head...

ERROR:
sketch_mar18a:4:31: error: Adafruit_NeoPixel.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Adafruit_NeoPixel.h: No such file or directory

Edit; Yes the green LED lights up when plug in the PC and if i press the reset the red LED blinks for 10 seconds.

Ronanb87

Re: Trinket Not Recognized

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:19 am

If you're using the original Trinket, with an ATtiny85 microcontroller, it will never show up as a Serial Port.

The board doesn't have any real USB hardware, only a bootloader that emulates a low-speed USB connection long enough to upload the firmware. You have to manually force a reboot to launch the bootloader when you're ready to upload code, as described on this page of the tutorial:

https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... rduino-ide

adafruit_support_mike

by Ronanb87 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:34 pm

Yepp fixed it, my libraries were corrupted, now a new issue of colors... made a fresh thread.

Ronanb87

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:22 am

Glad to hear at least this much is working!

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.