Help! Can't upload code to trinket. no blinking red led

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Pablothehun27

Help! Can't upload code to trinket. no blinking red led

Post by Pablothehun27 »

I am at my wits end. I have been over 20 hours trying to upload a code to the trinket 3v and haven't had any success. I have read, re read, re re read all the tutorials. Tried 10 different cables 4 PC's 2 USB 2.0 hubs. No blinking red led, just fading red. Endless usbtiny error!! I need these two working for next weekend and now im extremely disappointed. Just trying to get one neopixel ring to work. thats it! What can i do different? are both these faulty? I'm new to this but this just seems ridiculus the errors i'm having..

XRAD

Re: Help! Can't upload code to trinket. no blinking red led

Post by XRAD »

have to ask the obvious:
0) a good functioning USB port (with win10 OS is helpful)

1) In your IDE, do you have the Trinket 3.3v board selected? not just any trinket will work

2) when you boot the board, is it seen as a serial port: com #?

3) have to use the tinyUSBISP programmer.

4) did you hit the boot button on the trinket BEFORE uploading code? has to be blinking then hit upload on your IDE. (reset single click/ bootloader double click). Load window (blinking red led) will run for about 10 sec, then it's too late and you have to reload again.

5) it's possible that the bootloader is corrupted. You can repair following adafruit tutorial:
https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... bootloader

once connected, the rest is just coding and basic neopixel code will be easy for you to compile!
Last edited by XRAD on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablothehun27

Post by Pablothehun27 »

Thank you for a reply!
0) good usb 2.0 on win 10 on multiple computers
1) i've tried everything and both will not blink red for 10 sec. It only shows circuitpy or trinketloader
2) I have Trinket 3.3v 8Mhz selected
3) it sees a serial port number
4) I use the rinyUSBISP programer. Tried upload and upload with programmer.

I cannot get either one to blink red for 10 sec.

XRAD

Post by XRAD »

OK so it seems your boards are showing on the board list, but not sure about the IDE. Can't use CirPython on the 3.3 so definitely need arduino based IDE.

did you read:
https://learn.adafruit.com/add-boards-a ... v164/setup

super necessary.

I use arduino, it is the only IDE I have a lot of experience with.....works fine for all trinkets (and free too)

This should take no more than 20 minutes to get configured and test a board. If not, you may have to reinstall the bootloader and test again.

bcochran1

Post by bcochran1 »

Hi!

Do you mean that you have this version of the Trinket: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... no/pinouts

That is, do you have the Trinket M0?

If that is your device, follow the Arduino Setup Guide for it which is in the tutorial on the above link.

For the Trinket M0, if that is what you have, you definitely need Arduino 1.8.6+, just get the latest version, and you must be sure to update it with the "Arduino SAMD Boards" plus Adafruit SAMD boards. I also have the latest available updates for all the Adafruit AVR boards.

If what you have is an older Trinket device which has been deprecated, you might have trouble uploading to your computer because of issues with USB bit-banging. That is why the old boards are deprecated.

Thanks so much

Bob

Pablothehun27

Post by Pablothehun27 »

I do have the Trinket M0.
I have arduino latest version installed and the SAMD board installed.
I followed the article linked above when I set it up. Is it hard to reload the bootloader? Not sure how entailed it is, I might just throw all these trinkets and rings in the trash.
I'm not saying the products might not be good, just seems like all the parts I got are bad. Put's a bad taste in my mouth is all.
Thank you for all the replies though!

XRAD

Post by XRAD »

Yes, the TM0, and not the 3.3v older Trinket, should show up as a 'drive' as soon as you connect to USB. The files should show up with CirPy automatically without having the IDE up and running. Once recognized, the arduino IDE can upload your sketch without you having to do anything like the earlier versions of trinket.

The TM0 is much more robust and you should not have to reload the bootloader, that was for the older version 3.3v Trinket.

There are some look-alike boards being sold. You definitely should see 'Trinket M0' in the drop down board selection on the IDE and use the regular programmer, not tinyUSB, if you have all the adafruit SAMD board files loaded via 'library update' in the IDE. not sure where the issue is.....

But I did have this happen to me, and by pressing the reset button 3-4-5 times in a row on the Trinket forced my computer to recognize the TM0 and then I could upload. Using this same trinket on another day, and this was not necessary. Also check you computer 'devices' to see if the Trinket USB port is recognized.....

Pablothehun27

Post by Pablothehun27 »

Thank you XRAD for all your help! I will give this another shot tonight since I have cooled down a bit. Maybe I am missing the board in the board manager because I never saw Trinket M0 only the Trinket 3.3V 8 MHz.
Trying to make a division shoulder beacon for my sons cosplay outfit for pax east. Don’t want to let him down, just very frustrated!

XRAD

Post by XRAD »

We will get this working! then the cool costume! Plenty of easy code for the display.

read through this again: has info on loading correct boards to arduino IDE for Trinket M0

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... -ide-setup

Pablothehun27

Post by Pablothehun27 »

I have made some headway I think! Got a new error code, am I still missing something? I don't see the USBtiny in device manager anymore. could that be it?

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino M0"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Basement\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:samd:mzero_bl -ide-version=10809 -build-path C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_5808 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_169302 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.8.3-2014q1.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.7.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac-1.7.0.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.7.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS\4.5.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS-4.5.0.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS\4.5.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS-Atmel.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS-Atmel-1.1.0.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino6-static -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino6-static.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino6-static -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.2.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.0.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.2.0 -verbose C:\Users\Basement\Desktop\main\main.ino
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\Basement\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:samd:mzero_bl -ide-version=10809 -build-path C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_5808 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_169302 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.8.3-2014q1.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1 -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.7.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.bossac-1.7.0.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\bossac\1.7.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS\4.5.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS-4.5.0.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS\4.5.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS-Atmel.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.CMSIS-Atmel-1.1.0.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\CMSIS-Atmel\1.1.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino6-static -prefs=runtime.tools.openocd-0.9.0-arduino6-static.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\openocd\0.9.0-arduino6-static -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.2.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.0.path=C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.2.0 -verbose C:\Users\Basement\Desktop\main\main.ino
Using board 'mzero_bl' from platform in folder: C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\samd\1.6.20
Detecting libraries used...
"C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -w -x c++ -E -CC -DF_CPU=48000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_SAM_ZERO -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD -D__SAMD21G18A__ -mthumb -DUSB_VID=0x2a03 -DUSB_PID=0x804e -DUSBCON "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Unknown\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Arduino M0\"" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS\\4.5.0/CMSIS/Include/" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS-Atmel\\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\variants\\arduino_mzero" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\sketch\\main.ino.cpp" -o nul
"C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -w -x c++ -E -CC -DF_CPU=48000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_SAM_ZERO -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD -D__SAMD21G18A__ -mthumb -DUSB_VID=0x2a03 -DUSB_PID=0x804e -DUSBCON "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Unknown\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Arduino M0\"" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS\\4.5.0/CMSIS/Include/" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS-Atmel\\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\variants\\arduino_mzero" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\sketch\\main.ino.cpp" -o nul
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\Basement\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp
Using cached library dependencies for file: C:\Users\Basement\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\esp8266.c
Generating function prototypes...
"C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -w -x c++ -E -CC -DF_CPU=48000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_SAM_ZERO -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD -D__SAMD21G18A__ -mthumb -DUSB_VID=0x2a03 -DUSB_PID=0x804e -DUSBCON "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Unknown\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Arduino M0\"" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS\\4.5.0/CMSIS/Include/" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS-Atmel\\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\variants\\arduino_mzero" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\sketch\\main.ino.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\preproc\\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Arduino\\tools-builder\\ctags\\5.8-arduino11/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns --line-directives "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\preproc\\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
Compiling sketch...
"C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -nostdlib --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -MMD -DF_CPU=48000000L -DARDUINO=10809 -DARDUINO_SAM_ZERO -DARDUINO_ARCH_SAMD -D__SAMD21G18A__ -mthumb -DUSB_VID=0x2a03 -DUSB_PID=0x804e -DUSBCON "-DUSB_MANUFACTURER=\"Unknown\"" "-DUSB_PRODUCT=\"Arduino M0\"" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS\\4.5.0/CMSIS/Include/" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS-Atmel\\1.1.0/CMSIS/Device/ATMEL/" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\cores\\arduino" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\variants\\arduino_mzero" "-IC:\\Users\\Basement\\Documents\\Arduino\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\sketch\\main.ino.cpp" -o "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\sketch\\main.ino.cpp.o"
Compiling libraries...
Compiling library "Adafruit_NeoPixel"
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_5808\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\esp8266.c.o
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_5808\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp.o
Compiling core...
Using previously compiled file: C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_5808\core\variant.cpp.o
Using precompiled core: C:\Users\Basement\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_169302\core\core_arduino_samd_mzero_bl_d05ba0d74a6e9016a47141016825809b.a
Linking everything together...
"C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" "-LC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808" -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -save-temps "-TC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\hardware\\samd\\1.6.20\\variants\\arduino_mzero/linker_scripts/gcc/flash_with_bootloader.ld" "-Wl,-Map,C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808/main.ino.map" --specs=nano.specs --specs=nosys.specs -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -o "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808/main.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\sketch\\main.ino.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel\\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp.o" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\libraries\\Adafruit_NeoPixel\\esp8266.c.o" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808\\core\\variant.cpp.o" -Wl,--start-group "-LC:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\CMSIS\\4.5.0/CMSIS/Lib/GCC/" -larm_cortexM0l_math -lm "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808/..\\arduino_cache_169302\\core\\core_arduino_samd_mzero_bl_d05ba0d74a6e9016a47141016825809b.a" -Wl,--end-group
"C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy" -O binary "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808/main.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808/main.ino.bin"
"C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy" -O ihex -R .eeprom "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808/main.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808/main.ino.hex"
Using library Adafruit_NeoPixel at version 1.1.8 in folder: C:\Users\Basement\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel
"C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-size" -A "C:\\Users\\Basement\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_5808/main.ino.elf"
Sketch uses 12584 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Please select a programmer from Tools->Programmer menu
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingProgrammer(SerialUploader.java:298)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:90)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:77)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:732)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:703)
at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2070)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Please select a programmer from Tools->Programmer menu

XRAD

Post by XRAD »

when you plug your TM0 into the USB, you should see this:
trinket M0.JPG
trinket M0.JPG (41.54 KiB) Viewed 212 times
IF not, try pressing the reset button on the board. Sometimes x2 in fast sequence. Once the board shows up, minimize the TM0 window. Then open the arduino IDE, select Trinket M0 , check the 'port' (see if TM0 is on a COM), and use the AVR ISP programmer.

You may have to select the 'port' COM.....

What happens.....?

Pablothehun27

Post by Pablothehun27 »

Same error as before following your last post. I do not have Trinket M0 in my board selection. I chose Arduion M0. could that be why?

Pablothehun27

Post by Pablothehun27 »

It Worked!! It Worked!! I installed a lower version of the board drivers then updated them. and changed the baud rate on the serial port to 1200.
Thank you so very much for all the help XRAD!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Were you able to get a Trinket M0 option to show up in the boards menu? If it is still not there, it sounds like you just haven't installed all the necessary board support stuff yet. But it should show up:
trinket_m0_board.jpg
trinket_m0_board.jpg (126.7 KiB) Viewed 200 times

Pablothehun27

Post by Pablothehun27 »

It did show up after I downgraded to a lower revision and then updated it to the current one.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”