Trinket M0 LED flash codes
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Trinket M0 LED flash codes

by mxs on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:37 am

I have two trinket M0s here to run a very simple neopixel strip on some shoes. One trinket is working fine, the other trinket flashes this pattern when running the built-in IO demo. I reflashed the latest (3.1.2??) uf2 file and this flash pattern is still what I get. Can't open the serial console either. Is there an explanation of what these flash patterns mean?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/G55jEgDcz8NzsBir8

BTW they both have the charger backpack (#2124) and a neopixel strip connected to D4 but I don't see how that would cause an issue, the 2nd one is working fine.

mxs

Re: Trinket M0 LED flash codes

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Here's the decoder ring for RGB status:
https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... ight-20-18

It's likely something with your boot.py or code.py. Can you access the CIRCUITPY folder and edit them?

adafruit_support_carter

by mxs on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi Carter,

I'm learning a lot about Python and CircuitPython already. Yes, I can see the CIRCUITPY and edit the files there.

Turns out I had downloaded the v4 libs instead of v3. I figured it out once I got at the REPL console. Works great now! I just need to figure out some more interesting colors (right now it's just the "technicolor yawn"...) and also want to add some sort of accelerometer. I sewed a little pocket under the shoe tongue for the trinket and battery.
Attachments
DSC_0068.JPG
DSC_0068.JPG (843.63 KiB) Viewed 116 times

mxs

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Cool sneakers!

Yah, the library bundle versions need to match the CP version. 3.x for 3.x, 4.x for 4.x etc. There was some early confusion with the bundle release versions - they weren't really matched up. But we've moved to making it hopefully more simple and obvious. Just letting you know in case you run across some older documentation from that time frame.

Glad you figured it out. Have fun!

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.