Costume Help Please.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Costume Help Please.

by davidrcp on Sat May 18, 2019 6:30 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, if it's not, please direct me to where I need to post this. Also, please keep in mind I have no kind of electrical/electronic/DYI experience. I'm wanting to make a Borg costume from Star Trek. I want to make a small sound trigger where I can have a different sound file play by the push of a button. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do and how to build it would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking I need these items:

Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp - WAV/OGG Trigger -16MB PID: 2217

Speaker - 40mm Diameter - 4 Ohm 3 Watt PID: 3968 (Although, I don't know if this speaker would be loud enough for people to hear. I was thinking I wanted a volume that would be a bit louder than that if normal conversation.)

Half-size breadboard PID: 64

Thank you in advance,

David

davidrcp

Re: Costume Help Please.

by franklin97355 on Sat May 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Have you looked at the tutorial?

franklin97355

by davidrcp on Sat May 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Thank you. No, I just found this site and didn't realize that was available.

davidrcp

by XRAD on Sun May 19, 2019 4:13 pm

If it is just a push button control (up to eight different buttons) for sound, the FXMini with button control is perfect and super easy to use. Just like dropping .wav files into a portable drive...

You can easily add an external amp for more sound.....if you also want some Borg lighting effects, you may consider a more advanced board and some basic code (such as feather series)

How technical do you want to get? code control or push button? internal amp or external?
https://www.adafruit.com/?q=Fx

draw up a flow chart for what you want to accomplish. You can definitely find the hardware and help you need here......

XRAD

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.