Costume Help Please.

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
davidrcp

Costume Help Please.

Post by davidrcp »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, if it's not, please direct me to where I need to post this. Also, please keep in mind I have no kind of electrical/electronic/DYI experience. I'm wanting to make a Borg costume from Star Trek. I want to make a small sound trigger where I can have a different sound file play by the push of a button. Any thoughts or suggestions on what to do and how to build it would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking I need these items:

Adafruit Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp - WAV/OGG Trigger -16MB PID: 2217

Speaker - 40mm Diameter - 4 Ohm 3 Watt PID: 3968 (Although, I don't know if this speaker would be loud enough for people to hear. I was thinking I wanted a volume that would be a bit louder than that if normal conversation.)

Half-size breadboard PID: 64

Thank you in advance,

David

Franklin97355

Re: Costume Help Please.

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you looked at the tutorial?

davidrcp

Post by davidrcp »

Thank you. No, I just found this site and didn't realize that was available.

XRAD

Post by XRAD »

If it is just a push button control (up to eight different buttons) for sound, the FXMini with button control is perfect and super easy to use. Just like dropping .wav files into a portable drive...

You can easily add an external amp for more sound.....if you also want some Borg lighting effects, you may consider a more advanced board and some basic code (such as feather series)

How technical do you want to get? code control or push button? internal amp or external?
https://www.adafruit.com/?q=Fx

draw up a flow chart for what you want to accomplish. You can definitely find the hardware and help you need here......

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”