Trinket MO on Arduino IDE?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Trinket MO on Arduino IDE?

by jim_lee on Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 pm

Bought a few trinket MOs. I can't find how to setup the Arduino IDE for programming the little buggers. It seems to want me to choose the feather MO. Is there documentation on this? I'm not having any luck looking for it with the "manage libraries" thing.

Thanks!

-jim lee

jim_lee

Re: Trinket MO on Arduino IDE?

by jim_lee on Wed May 22, 2019 9:03 pm

WAIT! Wrong manager. Didn't see the "boards manager".

-jim lee

jim_lee

by jim_lee on Wed May 22, 2019 9:16 pm

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
Could not find boards.txt in /Users/jimlee/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.5. Is it pre-1.5?
Could not find boards.txt in /Users/jimlee/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.5. Is it pre-1.5?

I can select the board now. Trinket MO. But I can't compile anything. Possibly using the wrong compiler option?

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
Board adafruit_trinket_m0 (platform samd, package adafruit) is unknown

Error compiling for board Adafruit Trinket M0.

I double clicked the reset button and was able to select it as a serial port. Even get info on it but no luck on the compiling end.

Sorry to be a pest, I always have nothing but trouble setting up a new development system.

Thanks!

-jim lee

jim_lee

by franklin97355 on Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 am

Make sure you have both the Adafruit and Arduino SAMD board files installed. Set your preferences to verbose for compile and post the output if that does not work.

franklin97355

by jim_lee on Thu May 23, 2019 2:54 pm

Alright here's the ticket.

Not having any idea how all this works. (Like many customers) I knew nothing about this SAMD stuff and just found the Trinket MO processor board and installed that. And doing that, doesn't work.

Anyway, your post alerted me to the fact that there are more SAMD things I needed. BUT, just installing them didn't seem to help either.

As a last resort I un-installed the Adafruit SAMD stuff, rebooted and, (Arduino SAMD stuff is still installed) re-intalled the Adafruit SAMD files..

Vola! it works!

As far as I can figure, you have to have the Arduino SAMD stuff in there first before installing the Adafruit SAMD stuff.

-jim lee

jim_lee

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.