Unknown errors when changing from PRO Trinket 5v to Trinket
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Unknown errors when changing from PRO Trinket 5v to Trinket

by Grey_Area on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:22 am

I upgraded to the M0 for the extra memory. However some code that uses an OLED display that ran on the PRO causes the following errors at compile if I use the M0 instead;

***\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.5.0\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp:408:6: error: 'SERCOM4' was not declared in this scope

{ &SERCOM4->SPI.DATA.reg, SERCOM4_DMAC_ID_TX, SERCOM4_DMAC_ID_RX },

^

***\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.5.0\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp:408:29: error: 'SERCOM4_DMAC_ID_TX' was not declared in this scope

^

***\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.5.0\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp:408:49: error: 'SERCOM4_DMAC_ID_RX' was not declared in this scope

^

***\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.5.0\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp:409:6: error: 'SERCOM5' was not declared in this scope

{ &SERCOM5->SPI.DATA.reg, SERCOM5_DMAC_ID_TX, SERCOM5_DMAC_ID_RX },

^

***\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.5.0\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp:409:29: error: 'SERCOM5_DMAC_ID_TX' was not declared in this scope

^

***\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\samd\1.5.0\libraries\SPI\SPI.cpp:409:49: error: 'SERCOM5_DMAC_ID_RX' was not declared in this scope

I have no idea what these mean, can anyone advise?

Grey_Area

Re: Unknown errors when changing from PRO Trinket 5v to Trin

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:27 am

Version 1.5.0 of the Adafruit SAMD Boards support package had a bug in defining the connections between SPI and DMA.

It's been fixed in the latest version. Updating the package through the Boards Manager should make the errors go away.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.