Green LED of Death!
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Green LED of Death!

by colettace on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi Adafruit,

Loyal customer, love your company and CircuitPython.

I received my Trinket M0, and for a while I was happily connecting to it with my MacBook Pro 2009-era laptop. Neopixel was cycling through the colors, CIRCUITPY showed up in my Finder, I had a vim window open looking through the main.py code, etc.

Then I closed my laptop while Trinket was still connected. My computer yelled at me after that I didn't disconnect that volume properly.

Now my trinket shows only a constant green LED, which no cycling neopixel. The device no longer shows up in my /dev/tty.* directory, so I can't perform the storage.erase_filesystem() trick as listed in your troubleshooting:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... leshooting

Double click reset button does nothing.

The thing that happened in the following thread sounds awfully similar to what happened to me:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=132707

Filesystem irreparably corrupted? What to do?

Thanks,
chris

colettace

Re: Green LED of Death!

by XRAD on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:25 pm

I have had many M0's. Pretty durable devices. But on one or two of them, I have same issue. I triple and quadruple (or more) click the reset button, and then the M0 shows up. After that button sequence, those particular boards stay connected pretty well......

XRAD

by colettace on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:42 am

Sorry, nevermind, 24 hours later it works now. Guess it was the phase of the moon that fixed it :-)

colettace

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:06 pm

How were you able to fix it? It does sound like a file system corruption thing, but you should still have been able to get into bootloader mode. So this:
Double click reset button does nothing.

is concerning.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.