Trinket audio player

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DMGILB56

Trinket audio player

Post by DMGILB56 »

This is just killing me. The Trinket uses a ATtiny85 and using it to play audio from a Flash memory that has a WAV file downloaded on to it via a Arduino UNO. The artcle uses a Winbond W25Q80BV, this chip is no longer produced. Found a 8 pin dip Winbond W25Q32JV which is a lot larger in capacity but has the same pin out. Using the directions on the web I load AudioLoader into the Arduino UNO, and all I get is a flashing LED and the Serial Monitor says HELLO follower by a 0, and thats as far as I get. It does not seem to see the W25Q32JV Flash memory. There is almost nothing on connecting Flash memory of this size to anything, much less a ATtiny85 or a Trinket. If this Flash can be used properly it is WAY more cost effective than any SD card on the market. Any help making this Flash chip work on the Trinket Audio Player by Phillip Burgess would be a great help Indeed
Thank you very much.
Darryl...

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Trinket audio player

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The W25Q32JV could easily have a different command set than the W25Q80BV.

You'll need to read through the datasheet and see what commands it expects, and possibly modify the code to make the ATtiny85 talk to it.

DMGILB56

Re: Trinket audio player

Post by DMGILB56 »

Back again The Winbond 8 pin dip worked perfectly after changing the chip ID in the cpp file. I loaded quiet a few full length songs and worked very well indeed BANNED 32mbit. The problem is I just went back to try some more recordings and its like nothing works?? I have been beating my brains out.. Using Arduino 1.8.10 and before has 1.8.6 which did work. I can run diagnostics on the chip and all pass. Its like some software parameters changed someplace along the line?? Same results on two different computers, one computer is running windows 10. Always open Arduino with Administrator, I am sure there is something wrong in the SPI code somewhere. The chip gets selected, but no data never gets transferred when using the Adafruit AudioLoader running on the UNO R3. It comes up with HELLO and 0 mem size and a fast blink on the A0 LED. Then using Processing 2, it says Arduino cannot Initialize the mem chip. I am at a total loss as to what is happening. Like i indicated, the EXACT same set up worked just fine at one time, but computers have been changed and things of that nature. I need to first get the AudioLoader on the UNO R3 to stop blinking the LED, then I feel the Processing 2 will then work properly. I just cannot seem to find much on the subject and is very frustrating Indeed
Thank you very much
Darryl.... HELP

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”