Connecting 2 GND wires to Trinket

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sahteck

Connecting 2 GND wires to Trinket

Post by sahteck »

In my final project, I'm trying to use two 30 NeoPixel strips, one data pin to #0 and the other to #1. Would it be possible to wire the grounds of both strips to each other, then to the Trinket ground pin? Or do I have to do some wire splicing or something?

Similar question for the 5V lines as well, since when I prototyped with the Arduino Uno I powered the strips externally (barrel power jack to a portable charger) and omitted connecting the 5V lines to the Uno and it worked well. Do I even have to connect the 5V lines to the Trinket in this case?

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Connecting 2 GND wires to Trinket

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Would it be possible to wire the grounds of both strips to each other, then to the Trinket ground pin? Or do I have to do some wire splicing or something?
Yes, it is possible to do that.
Similar question for the 5V lines as well, since when I prototyped with the Arduino Uno I powered the strips externally (barrel power jack to a portable charger) and omitted connecting the 5V lines to the Uno and it worked well. Do I even have to connect the 5V lines to the Trinket in this case?
You do not need a 5v connection between the Trinket and the strips if they are separately powered.

sahteck

Re: Connecting 2 GND wires to Trinket

Post by sahteck »

Thanks!!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”