Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Another Issue Neopixel Cosmic Turtle Necklace
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Another Issue Neopixel Cosmic Turtle Necklace

by funguyjapeada on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:15 pm

I want to make a Neopixel Cosmic Turtle Necklace (https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixel-led-magnetic-pendant-necklace/overview) for my Mother for a Mother's day gift. (I know I am running late with it.) I had problems getting the code to upload to the Pro Trinket that is given to me by the project (https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixel-led-magnetic-pendant-necklace/the-code). So I look at the Introducing Pro Trinket to get help. I got it working with that project. But I had to take apart what I had done to get it to work. I did find out that the code from the Neopixel Cosmic Turtle Necklace does not link lubuntu Linux. (It works well with Windows 10.) So I started putting back together. I have attached two pictures to show how much I have put back together. And try to run it some code to the Neopixel Jewel, but it will not light up. It seems to me the JST + pad on the Pro Trinket is not supplying enough voltage to power the Neopixel Jewel. I was thinking about putting the wire that would be solder to the JST + Pad to another pin. Will that work and be ok for this project? If you need more information please ask. Thank you for all your help.
Attachments
vlcsnap-2020-06-10-15h13m53s197.jpg
This picture show a voltage test that I did on the JST + pad.
vlcsnap-2020-06-10-15h13m53s197.jpg (65.1 KiB) Viewed 43 times
DSCF0494.jpg
This picture show you how much I have put together for testing.
DSCF0494.jpg (84.12 KiB) Viewed 43 times

funguyjapeada

Re: Another Issue Neopixel Cosmic Turtle Necklace

by adafruit_support_carter on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Can't tell for sure in your photo - is the LiPo backpack attached?

The JST + pad is the battery power. The USB power does not show up there. So if you are trying to power via USB, that may be what is happening.

adafruit_support_carter

by funguyjapeada on Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:33 am

adafruit_support_carter wrote:Can't tell for sure in your photo - is the LiPo backpack attached?

The JST + pad is the battery power. The USB power does not show up there. So if you are trying to power via USB, that may be what is happening.

When you ask about LiPo backpack being attached? Are you asking about this Adafruit LiIon/LiPoly Backpack Add-On for Pro Trinket/ItsyBitsy PRODUCT ID: 2124? If so, no it is not attached. At one point I had is attach and everything put together excluding that turtle pendant. But I could not get anything to work. So I took it all apart and started putting it together using a half-size breadboard. (I only put the Neopixel Jewel and the Pro Trinket together.) Instead of using the JST+ Pad. I used the pin marked 3V. Does the Adafruit LiIon/LiPoly Backpack Add-On for Pro Trinket/ItsyBitsy need to be attached for the JST+ pad to work correctly? If something does not make sense. Please ask questions and I will try my best to give more detail information. Thank you for your help and time. Have a nice day.

funguyjapeada

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Here is the wiring diagram for the Turtle Necklace:
https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixel-led ... ace/wiring
showing how the LiPo battery pack gets attached. The final project is battery powered, and the NeoPixels get their power from the battery, not USB. So if you do not have the battery and LiPo backpack attached, there is no power going to the NeoPixels.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.