Defective Trinket M0?

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wormnix

Defective Trinket M0?

Post by wormnix »

I ordered two Trinket M0s and got them April 2nd. The first one I used worked without any problems, and the 2nd one I just tested today.

With the 2nd one, only the on led lights up green. The dotstar never comes on, and if I press the reset button twice it doesn't light up red and doesn't get detected by my PC. Just to test, I tried them on a 2nd PC with a different cable that also worked on the first trinket, but had the same issue with the 2nd one.

dastels

Re: Defective Trinket M0?

Post by dastels »

Thanks for making a new thread for this.

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one Trinket M0.

Dave

wormnix

Post by wormnix »

Thanks again for the quick response. I'll follow up with them now.

WidescreenJohn

Post by WidescreenJohn »

I'm having a similar issue. I have an older Trinket M0 that is running just fine with NeoPixels attached to it. When it's turned on or charging the battery, the status LED shows red and blue. The NeoPixels light up without a problem.

I bought another set of Trinket M0s, wired one of them up exactly like the older one, and even copied the main.py over, so they should be identical functionally. However, when I turn it on (or charge the battery) the status LED turns red/blue for a fraction of a second then turns green and stays there. The NeoPixels never turn on. Can I assume that this Trinket is defective as well?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”