Neo Trinkey Serial Error

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
elcambur

Neo Trinkey Serial Error

Post by elcambur »

Hello
I can not access my neo trinkey, I am using windows and I cannot copy files into it and arduino shows the "No device found on COM13".
I installed all the drivers and followed the instructions. I see it listed on my drives and sometimes I can see the file content but when I try to open or copy a file from or to the trinket the computer freezes.

I believe I have the wrong drivers installed but windows 10 is supposed to install the right one. Right?
where can I get the right neo trinket's drivers for windows 10? any idea?
Attachments
Captu1re.JPG
Captu1re.JPG (346.42 KiB) Viewed 316 times

blnkjns

Re: Neo Trinkey Serial Error

Post by blnkjns »

For M0/M4 microcontrollers from Adafruit, no drivers are needed for Mac and Win 10.
It does however sometime come in a hiccup-situation.
First thing to try is double-tap the reset, that should reset the bootloader and make it visible as drive and in the Arduino IDE.
Did you add the Atsamd board definitions in the Arduino IDE? And did you select the correct board? This is usually the kind off error-output you get if you compile for say the Arduino UNO while having a M0 board connected.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neo ... -ide-setup
From copy-pasting the json into the preferences of the Arduino IDE, to adding the board via the Boards manager.
For Circuitpython you need to dowload the U2F here and copy it to the drive in the OS:
https://circuitpython.org/board/neopixel_trinkey_m0/

elcambur

Re: Neo Trinkey Serial Error

Post by elcambur »

Hello blnkjns
Thanks for your prompt reply
I did all you mentioned but, I cannot even think about using the Arduino IDE before Windows is able to recognize the drive correctly. I cannot access the drive even when I set it in boot mode. The new drive and serial port show up but the drive freezes when I try to access the files inside. I tried in a different computer and I can access the files inside the drive but when I include a new file and I remove the drive from the USB port all new files are deleted. I don't think this is a normal behavior.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”