Coming up empty with my Trinket

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
buxtor

Coming up empty with my Trinket

Post by buxtor »

I have purchased a trinket for a project, and a backpack which I have disconnected currently. I have connected, a Neopixel Ring 21 via pwr, gnd, and data in. During testing the Trinket with a blink sketch, I couldn't get a response with the Pro Trinket 5V/16MHz (USB) selected under the Board dropdown and USBtinyISP as the Programmer dropdown selection. I have installed all the libraries needed and tried various Board selection variants within the dropdown in hopes of finding either the correct one if was wrong or just a workaround. the only one I found to even do anything was the Adafruit Trinket (ATtiny85@8MHz), which seemed to effect the red pulsing light on the board in some ways. I could change the dellays and get a desired response. After connecting the Neopixel Ring 21, None of the sketches I tried, which worked for a number of others with the same setup, worked for mine. I'm new to using Arduino for anything but 3D printers, but am fairly certain I got the sketch appropriate for my exact setup. Again its just the Trinket and Neopixel Ring 21. Do I have a defective board like some have reported or have I just got something else wrong?

dastels

Re: Coming up empty with my Trinket

Post by dastels »

Exactly which Trinket board do you have? You must select that board from the list in Arduino.

Dave

buxtor

Post by buxtor »

dastels wrote:Exactly which Trinket board do you have? You must select that board from the list in Arduino.

Dave

Adafruit Trinket - Mini Microcontroller - 5V Logic PID: 1501

dastels

Post by dastels »

Have you read and worked through https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-trinket/? Following the Arduino related instructions shoudl have you up and running. I'm curious about your comment about a backpack. Can you elaborate?

Dave

buxtor

Post by buxtor »

Adafruit Micro-Lipo Charger for LiPoly Batt with USB Type C Jack PID: 4410

buxtor

Post by buxtor »

...and yes I have read that and a plethora of anything I could find on the matter. My interest came from:

https://youtu.be/MEKAx286mko?t=67

buxtor

Post by buxtor »

Nevermind. I ordered an Uno and got it to work with that. Thanks for your time!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”