Newbie AVRDUDE Error.

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
blnkjns

Re: Newbie AVRDUDE Error.

Post by blnkjns »

The documentation says this:
Deprecation Warning: The Trinket bit-bang USB technique it uses doesn't work as well as it did in 2014, many modern computers won't work well. So while we still carry the Trinket so that people can maintain some older projects, we no longer recommend it. Please check out the Trinket M0. It has built-in USB, more capabilities, and is comparable in price!
What I would try before completely dropping the Big Sur/Trinket combo, is use the Digispark way of loading sketches:
https://digistump.com/wiki/digispark/tu ... connecting
Key to succes might be a cheap USB2 hub, not too fancy USB3 stuff.
And otherwise grab the best computer ever made: a Mac Mini 2009, they do like 30-40 bucks (cheaper than the dongle-chain you need for your BigSur machine), and run Catalina (last good MacOS), it is perfect for loading code on your boards and the ultimate back-up machine if modern tech lets you down.

oesterle

Re: Newbie AVRDUDE Error.

Post by oesterle »

Hi, dkurtycz!

I read that you're using the Adafruit Trinket M0. If that's correct, then that should be the board you select in the Arduino IDE. The console/error text shows you have an older board, the Adafruit Trinket 8MHz selected, instead.

If you don't see "Arduino Trinket M0" in the (possibly very long) list of boards, then I'd suggest revisiting the Arduino IDE Setup in the primary guide for your board, to make sure you have everything installed.

Do come back here and let us know your progress.

Cheers,

Eric

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”