Non-standard clock rate for Pro Trinket detected

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Gamerto1212

Non-standard clock rate for Pro Trinket detected

Post by Gamerto1212 »

I ordered 3 Adafruit trinkets M0's, and started to make little projects. Im not verry setteld with micro controllers, but i have an idea how they work and what you need. So, i was making this: https://learn.adafruit.com/trinket-usb-volume-knob/code
I did the wiring, installed the librarys, selected the correct board in the Ardunio IDE, and copied the code into the IDE. some libraries are twice included, i will get rid of duplicates later. how erver, i trid to compile / verify the code, and it gave me this error:

In file included from C:\Users\William\Documents\Arduino\sketch_jun12a\sketch_jun12a.ino:3:
C:\Users\William\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Pro_Trinket_USB_Keyboard_Library/usbconfig.h:59:2: error: #error "Non-standard clock rate for Pro Trinket detected"
59 | #error "Non-standard clock rate for Pro Trinket detected"
| ^~~~~
I dont know why it says for Pro Trinket, but with this error i cant load the program on the Trinket. I did some research, but i couldnt find anything that helped me. So now im asking people who are more into this and are able to help me. If i should add any information, just comment it and i will try to provide ist ASAP.

Thanks for your efforts.

dastels

Re: Non-standard clock rate for Pro Trinket detected

Post by dastels »

That project uses the "Pro Trinket USB Keyboard Library" which, as the name says, is for the Pro Trinket... not the Trinket M0.

Have a look at https://learn.adafruit.com/media-dial for a comparable project using the Trinket M0.
Dave

Gamerto1212

Re: Non-standard clock rate for Pro Trinket detected

Post by Gamerto1212 »

Thank you very much for the reply. i will try the one you linked

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”