Tinket M0 to raspi volume

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Quaddam

Tinket M0 to raspi volume

Post by Quaddam »

I am building an arcade and I am just wondeirng if anyone has ever used a trinket to control the volume on the raspi via potentiometer. I am using 3 potentiometers attached to the trinket to control the colours on an LED strip that sits in the arcade. But I am looking for ways to control the usb speaker I have attached to the raspi, just wondering if anyone had done this? thnx

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Tinket M0 to raspi volume

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I don't know of anything specific.

Generally speaking, you'll probably control audio volume on a RasPi through ALSA. Communication between a RasPi and a microcontroller is generally done by a Serial connection or by using the GPIO pins to represent signals. You should be able to capture information either of those ways, and use it to generate ALSA volume control commands.

If you're running an emulator, check to see if it has existing hooks to adjust the volume. Emulators are generally written for keyboard input, and emulator environments convert GPIO signals to keyboard signals anyway. If it's possible to add a couple more virtual keys for 'volume up' and 'volume down', that would probably be easiest.

Quaddam

Re: Tinket M0 to raspi volume

Post by Quaddam »

Ah yes! Great idea about using the emulator for volume I’ll look into it, thanks for your help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”