Pro Trinket - 5V 16MHz

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sharkattack99

Pro Trinket - 5V 16MHz

Post by sharkattack99 »

I cant get this trinket to be recognized by windows 10, wouldn't even recognize it on a windows 7 machine with the latest drivers. I have used several different cords as well, is there a way I can get a replacement I think its defective. Green led is the only light that comes on

Thank you

dastels

Re: Pro Trinket - 5V 16MHz

Post by dastels »

Please note at the top of the product description on the product page https://www.adafruit.com/product/2000:
Deprecation Warning: The Pro Trinket bit-bang USB technique it uses doesn't work as well as it did in 2014, many modern computers won't work well. So while we still carry the Pro Trinket so that people can maintain some older projets, we no longer recommend it. Please check out the Metro Mini (ATmega328 @ 5V 16 MHz), ItsyBitsy 32u4 5V 16MHz, ItsyBitsy 32u4 @ 3.3V 8MHz or ItsyBitsy M0 @ 3V 48MHz. All have built-in USB and are comparable in price! The ItsyBitsy's especially are about the same size and have native USB and tons of pins, so they're a very close compatible.
Dave

sharkattack99

Post by sharkattack99 »

So does that mean OS, Or does it mean hardware?

dastels

Post by dastels »

I'm not completely sure of that, but I would assume hardware. Though it might be a combination. The old Trinkets didn't have proper hardware USB so the signal was somewhat sloppy. Newer USB interfaces have tighter tolerances and sometimes (a lot of the time?) the two don't play well together.

Dave

Disciple

Post by Disciple »

I've been told that the very clever hack that emulated a connection with USB 2.0 can't fool USB 3.0. I keep a vintage Win7 laptop on hand for my older Trinkets, and even it sometimes needs 2 or 3 tries to upload a sketch. I won't part with 'em, though. (c:

Hallelujah!
Disciple

sharkattack99

Post by sharkattack99 »

So I tried to connect this on an older computer and windows still doesn't recognize the device. Keeps say device not recognized device maybe defective.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”