Pro Trinekt 5V 16Mhz unable to programm

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MMarugg

Pro Trinekt 5V 16Mhz unable to programm

Post by MMarugg »

I have trouble with my latest order of Pro Trinket boards. None of them seem to work. When connected to usb i only get the green power led, no flashing of red. Pressing the button doesnt do anything as well. The same happens if i power the boards trough the pinstrips. I'm unable to programm via serial connection as well and i can't reprogramm the bootloader. IDE only shows "Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)" My setup (PC, IDE, Cable, etc) is working corretly, since i am able to programm all boards from a previous order.

Franklin97355

Re: Pro Trinekt 5V 16Mhz unable to programm

Post by Franklin97355 »

When did you purchase the boards and how many did you test? Can you post a picture of the board and the package with it? I'll check with supply but make sure you are using a correct USB cable and can communicate with one of the Trinket on the older purchase.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

MM, how many pro trinkets are we talking about?

MMarugg

Post by MMarugg »

I tested several cables but my setup seems to work pretty reliable with older boards. But all boards from our most recent order dont work. They have a different MCU package installed than previously, so they are easy to tell apart.

I ordered 150 pieces May 26th 2021 and tested at least half of them. the results are consistent, cant get them to work.

i dont have the package anymore but they were all individually packed in a red bubblewrap bag.
Attachments
20210810_140236.jpg
20210810_140236.jpg (981.39 KiB) Viewed 460 times

MMarugg

Post by MMarugg »

Any advice? the bootloader led isn't coming on even if i power it via the pinstrips. Normally when there were problems with usb you could always use an FDTI-cable to programm via serial, allways worked. But i'm also unable to do this with this recent order.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

hihi sorry for the delay, we wanted to check our stock. we verified that we did get a batch that were not programmed
please email support@adafruit with a link to this thread to get known-good replacements.

*if they are unsoldered* please RMA the boards ya have, we can repair them :) support@ can help with it

KRGraphicsCG

Post by KRGraphicsCG »

I am having the EXACT same issues with my boards (ordered through Amazon) and even bought an Arduino Uno so I can reprogram the board... so far I'm getting errors. I am following a guide on your website (https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... bootloader) to use the Uno R3 as a programmer... all THREE OF THEM exhibit the same problem. Hopefully, the resistors I ordered will fix them... I've replaced ALL of them too and the same issues occur. Maybe the bubble wrap is causing static on the board, corrupting the bootloader.
7VAqDguGCw.png
7VAqDguGCw.png (122.3 KiB) Viewed 348 times
I am working on the last piece of my project and I cannot finish it without the Pro Trinket. Thank you. Also using Windows 10...

KRGraphicsCG

Post by KRGraphicsCG »

MMarugg wrote:Any advice? the bootloader led isn't coming on even if i power it via the pinstrips. Normally when there were problems with usb you could always use an FDTI-cable to programm via serial, allways worked. But i'm also unable to do this with this recent order.
I am having the same issue... my new order of boards don't have the bootloader active, even hitting the reset button.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”