Trinket m0 not executing python changes from Mu

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rfender

Trinket m0 not executing python changes from Mu

Post by rfender »

I just received a handful of Trinket M0 boards and noticed they were running CircuitPython 3.x. So I flashed them with CircuitPython 6.3.0.

I see the CIRCUITPY in the my Mac Finder after the upgrade. I can connect to the serial console using the Mac terminal and `screen` and running a `print("hello world")` statement works and outputs to the console. But using Mu, and writing a script for the board does not.

Even using the example script to blink the DotStar LED is not working. All I see when I save in Mu is the DotStar flash very very quickly once.

Any ideas? I have 4 boards. One i upgraded to CircuitPython 6.3.0 and the other I left at CircuitPython 3.x. Neither work with Mu.

Mac OSX 10.13.6
Mu Python 3.8
Mac OSX installed Python 3.6

No errors in Mu logs

Franklin97355

Re: Trinket m0 not executing python changes from Mu

Post by Franklin97355 »

What file name are you loading?

rfender

Re: Trinket m0 not executing python changes from Mu

Post by rfender »

@franklin97355, I was upgrading to circuitpython 6.x.x using `adafruit-circuitpython-trinket_m0-en_US-6.3.0.uf2`.

As a work around, I transitioned to using VS Code as the editor with the circuitpython extension. This seems to work. I can write code, download it to the trinket and run it but I experience other issues which I will post in another topic thread.

Regardless, I flashed with the file I put above

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”