Trinket M0 solid purple light - not responding to updates

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
caleb_kraft

Trinket M0 solid purple light - not responding to updates

Post by caleb_kraft »

Hey folks, feeling silly here. I got an M0 and when I plugged it in, the dotstar LED shines solid purple. I understand the default code is supposed to cycle through colors.

I've tried uploading other examples and can't get any other response out of it. Have I fried this thing somehow? It shows up as a drive. I can even double click and get to the bootlaoder. It just seems like the python code is not executing, or locking up.

more info--
It shows up as a drive. I can edit the python file, and I can see that changes are saved. However, nothing changes in the trinket's behavior. I've tried doing HID keyboard example and got nothing different out of it. I've put the default files from the website onto it and nothing changes.

further info
boot data: Adafruit CircuitPython 3.1.1 on 2018-11-02; Adafruit Trinket M0 with samd21e18
bootloader info: UF2 Bootloader v3.13.0 SFHWRO
Model: Trinket M0
Board-ID: SAMD21E18A-Trinket-v0

dastels

Re: Trinket M0 solid purple light - not responding to update

Post by dastels »

Are you making sure to call the python file either code.py or main.py?

Dave

caleb_kraft

Post by caleb_kraft »

Yup. main.py

remember, the default code wasn't working.

In the meantime, I've hooked it up to the arduino IDE and loaded a blinking LED, and that worked. that means the trinket is functional and I've just got something screwy in my setup. I'd really like to use the circuit python HID gamepad library here. I need this to show up as a game pad (not keyboard/mouse).

caleb_kraft

Post by caleb_kraft »

Making progress!

after confirming the board is fine with arduino IDE. I installed the latest circuit python again and at least now the dotstar flashes red twice.

caleb_kraft

Post by caleb_kraft »

must be some kind of version or library mismatch. I can upload a sample LED blinking code via MU and it works fine.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Sounds like the libraries. Make sure you have the latest bundle for the version of CircuitPython you are using. Delete everything in CIRCUITPY/lib, empty trash, and copy over the new libraries you need.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”