GEMMA M0 won't load

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
batesterman

GEMMA M0 won't load

Post by batesterman »

Please excuse my newness,
GEMMA M0 won't load with IDE.
Tried to load strand test for Dotstar LED built in. This is when it stopped. (#include <Adafruit_DotStar.h>, #define DATAPIN 7, #define CLOCKPIN 8, etc...)
Have been using this board for weeks, no issues. When I plug in a different GEMMA M0 it works, no issues. I am confident the issue is with this GEMMA M0.
Now when GEMMA is plugged in, the IDE port does not list the GEMMA.
When I double tap reset on GEMMA, the led goes green, the IDE port is there" Port: "/dev/cu.usmodem14101 (Aadafruit GEMMA M0)
Try to load simple blink program for testing https://learn.adafruit.com/experimenter ... 01-code%20
I check it (again), and press "Load" from IDE. No device found on cu.usbmodem14101\\
I try this in the second GEMMA M0, and it works no issues.
What is the next step to try?

batesterman

Re: GEMMA M0 won't load

Post by batesterman »

Okay, I followed the instructions here: https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... cuitpython
Must have had a corrupted file.
This required the use of a Win10 computer to do this.
On a mac, the boot disk on the GEMMA M0 would not show up. So I couldn't use the .uf2 file.
Followed the instructions and all is back and running.

mikeysklar

Re: GEMMA M0 won't load

Post by mikeysklar »

@batesterman,

I plugged in a GEMMA M0 into my Mac (10.14.6) just now. It correctly showed up as CIRCUITPY and with a double reset button press it showed up as GEMMABOOT. You should see the same on yours now.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”