Trinket Pro 5v battery pads on bottom

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
fid

Trinket Pro 5v battery pads on bottom

Post by fid »

I am following the Talking D20 wiring instructions. I get no power from the Trinket to the audio board. When I tested the pads on the bottom of the Trinket for voltage out I got nothing. i unsoldered the wires and tested again. Still nothing. Is there a trace I needed to cut to get these to work?
Since there was 5v out and a ground on the FTDI header I hooked up the audio board to these and it lights up. So, the Audio board ca receive power at the bottom pads for its battery. There must be no power coming from the Trinket on its pads. I don't have another Trinket to test the pads for power.
Thanks.

dastels

Re: Trinket Pro 5v battery pads on bottom

Post by dastels »

Power is supplied to the trinket's underside power pads via the LiPo backpack through the BAT+ pin. There is no connection from the USB 5v to those pads. Might this be your issue?

Dave

fid

Post by fid »

Thank you Dave. Even with just the battery hooked up I get no voltage at the pads. I just checked again to see if I didn't check that before. Powering up with the battery and having no power to the audio board started me to begin trouble shooting. The Trinket is also not triggering the audio board to play the start up sound. It then flashes the alf second intervals for checking the connection to the audio card. I may need to desolder everything and start over, perhaps using a breadboard.
BTW, uploading the 'Blink' code in Arduino works just fine. :-)

dastels

Post by dastels »

Running blink ok tells us that the Trinket is probably ok. Does it run blink ok when powered by the battery?

So if you check the voltage at the BAT+ pin (between that and the GND pin) you get ~4v? But if you check on the pads on the bottom of the board it's 0v?

Dave

fid

Post by fid »

Hi Dave,
When running "Blink" I am getting 0v at the pads, 3.7v between BAT+ and ground. I am also getting the same 3.7v at the FTDI pins on the board.
I tested 'Blink' with 300ms on and 1000ms off just to be sure 'Blink' is really working.

dastels

Post by dastels »

That's bizarre. Could be a bad via or trace.

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one Trinket Pro 5v.

Dave

fid

Post by fid »

Thank you Dave. If I can get this project to work using other pins instead of the pads I will just keep it like it is. If not, I'll contact support. :-)
Greg

dastels

Post by dastels »

Using BAT+ and gnd pins should work.. they *should* be connected directly to the pads.

Dave

fid

Post by fid »

Dave, Thank you for all of the guidance. I was able to get the Talking D20 built and working. Now to wait for the glue to dry before I wrap it up as a gift. My kid plays DnD every Friday with friends via web cam. It'll be fun to hear about their reactions when she rolls for damage.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Nice! I run a couple online games. It's been a great way to keep in touch with people who have moved away.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”