Neo Trinkey do not blink.

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Narrative_Lab

Neo Trinkey do not blink.

Post by Narrative_Lab »

I bought a Neo Trinkey (August 13, 2021)

The first Neo Trinkey I bought worked fine and successfully wrote an Arduino sketch. My three Windows 10 PCs recognize Neo Trinkey as a HID device.

I bought another Neo Trinkey to duplicate this project. (October 11, 2021)

However, no matter which PC I connected to, which USB port I connected to, or how many times I reconnected, the PC did not recognize it.

The LED does not illuminate even if I single-click, double-click, change the timing of the double-click, or leave it as it is.

I read the message below
"viewtopic.php?f=52&t=181096&p=887696&hi ... ey#p887696"

and confirmed the my WO number.

W12474-A
W12675-A
(I'm not sure which bag contained the broken Neo Trinkey)

Is W12675-A a batch of defective products?
"viewtopic.php?f=52&t=180448&p=879325&hi ... ey#p879325"

I'm trying to buy more than 100 Neo Trinkeys. At that time, it would be very troublesome if a defective batch product was sent.

Is the replacement of the defective product and the shipping fee guaranteed? (I live in Tokyo Japan)

I love adafruit products. Thank you.

mikeysklar

Re: Neo Trinkey do not blink.

Post by mikeysklar »

I apologize for the inconvenience. I have seen other posts about issues with the W12675-A. I'm not sure if is a bootloader issue or hardare, but we can replace your unit. Include your order# and link to this forum thread for proof of troubleshooting.

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a test good Neo Trinkey replacement.

The RMAs going out have been reported as fine so I think this was a brief issue you should not encounter again on your large order.

Narrative_Lab

Post by Narrative_Lab »

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think it is possible to write Arduino sketche to multiple NeoTrinkeys from the same single PC?
Of course, I will connect only one NeoTrinkey to single PC at a time.

Since I purchased these two NeoTrinkeys through a different store in Japan, I do not intend to have them replaced.
I would like to purchase directly from you, as I would like to have a replacement guarantee for large orders.

Is there anything I should be aware of when ordering from Japan?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Yes, you should be able to write multiple Arduino sketches to multiple NeoTrinkeys from the same PC. Each Trinkey will show up with its own USB COM port.

Generally the only concern with ordering from us directly from another country is customs delays and overall shipping time. Otherwise there should not be any issue.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”