Neo Trinket DOA

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mortimer48

Neo Trinket DOA

Post by mortimer48 »

HI
Please see the following. I had done this back in July 8, 2021 and this what transpired.
The Neo Trinket being a grand total of $6.95 and shipping across the Canada/US boarder would be a bit of over kill.
I am about to place an order and thought you could save the shipping expense by including the replacement in with this order. That is why I have been slow getting back to you.
Please let me know so that we can coordinate it.

Thanks
Lowell

Thanks for the note! Our colleagues in the engineering and technical support forums will assist you with this type of question: http://www.adafruit.com/forums/. They are also able to authorize replacements if necessary.
Thank you,
Adafruit Support
Takara

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 6:13 PM Lowell Robinson <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi
Just tried the Neo Trinket that I received on Adafruit order # 2585242-5749777096
It is D.O.A. unfortunately. Plugging it in does nothing – no lights no response from USB setup and nothing shows in device manager or USBDeview. Also tried in multiple ports and machines to no respnse.
Please advise on where to go from here.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Neo Trinket DOA

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Hmm.. the offical return/replace period is 30 days from purchase, but that clock stops when you first report a problem. That report should be here in the forum, but the email you included has the right date. You hit the spirit of the process, if not the letter.

I'll talk to the folks on our business team and have them add a Neo Trinkey to your next order. To make that work, you'll need to manage the timing correctly.

Before you actually place your next order, send a note containing a link to this thread to let them know the order will be coming. Once you get a reply, place your new order and send that order number back to the same address. That way the business team can add the NeoTrinkey before it goes to our pick-and-ship teams (who are insanely fast).

mortimer48

Post by mortimer48 »

Hi
Thank you very much for your help. Whom should I address the note to - to coordinate the timing?
You guys are awesome as always always.
Thanks again
Lowell

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

I have an update on that from the business team: instead of trying to modify the order as it comes in, they’ll add shop credit to your account for the cost of the Neo Trinkey. That way you can order a new one the usual way and we’ll pick up the cost.

Send a note containing a link to this page to [email protected] and the folks there will help you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”