Manually trigger a script on the Trinket M0

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kabl

Re: Manually trigger a script on the Trinket M0

Post by kabl »

dastels wrote:4.5 to Vin/Vbat should work fine.

Does the Trinket on its own work when powered via Vbat? Maybe try the blink sketch/script to see signs of life. Or maybe with a read the button, light the LED sketch/script.

Dave
If I change the configuration back to powering the Trinket M0 thru the USB, and then powering the sound board from the USB pin and ground from the Tinket, using the same charger it works just fine. So the boards are just fine. The same problem occurs with a completely new trinket/sound board, and it disappears when I go back to powering it thru the USB-port. I have even tried several different power supplies. I`ll try the batteries tonight.

I havent tried the Trinket M0 on its own when powered thru Vbat without the sound board attached to see if it will execute the code without errors, I`ll test that when I get home from work today.

kabl

Post by kabl »

@dastels;

After testing, I have been able to isolate the problem, and I have found a solution that works.
If I connect the switch to the secondary ground pin on the sound board, and to PIN3 on the Trinket M0 it will trigger the script and the sound as intended.
If I connect the switch back to common ground, it fails to trigger. The solution works in all scenarios; when the sound board is powered by a separate powersupply, when the boards are both supplied by the same powersupply, and when the sound board is powered thru the USB out on the Trinket M0

I made a complete new setup, with new boards, inspected the soldering to rule out unacknowledged shorts/bad soldering, and I have the same result.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Good job.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”