Trinket M0/LiPo Backpack connections

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TomHumbleAndHandsome

Trinket M0/LiPo Backpack connections

Post by TomHumbleAndHandsome »

Hi, Since nobody else seems to have this problem, this is probably going to sound incredibly naive but I would like wiring instructions for using the LiPo backpack with the Trinket M0.

I've used the LiPo backpack with the ItsyBitsy with great success. Holes line up with the back pack on top of the Itsy. Latest project will use the Trinket and I expected that using the LiPo backpack would just sit on top with the long leads extending down into the correct ports.

I noticed all the examples you show are with the Itsy, not the Trinket. And the holes on the backpack don't line up with the Trinket like they do on the Itsy. So I assume this "backpack" isn't really a Trinket backpack??? More like an additional board that you need to solder wires to.

Itsy Holes: BAT - GND - USB
Backpack: BAT - GND - 5V
Trinket: BAT - GND - #4 (USB is on the other side)

I would like wiring instructions. And is there something I'm missing that I need to know to solder the backpack on the back of the Trinket? Does the "backpack" have to go underneath the Trinket instead of the component side like the Itsy? Is there documentation that I wasn't able to find?

dastels

Re: Trinket M0/LiPo Backpack connections

Post by dastels »

You are correct, the backpack won't mount directly on the Trinket or Trinket M0. But the connection is the same, just done with wires rather than pins: BAT to BAT, GND to GND, and Backpack 5v to Trinket M0 USB.

Dave

TomHumbleAndHandsome

Re: Trinket M0/LiPo Backpack connections

Post by TomHumbleAndHandsome »

Thanks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”