MAC OS does not see USB port

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
babanathy

MAC OS does not see USB port

Post by babanathy »

I am building an HO scale locomotive wireless remote control for my grandson. Because of the small size, I am trying to use a Trinket MO, it fits perfectly, and has all the required capabilities.. The problem is that the MACOS sees the board but does not see the USB port. The Metro Mini works well, runs all the software, but it is too large. Any suggestions?

neradoc

Re: MAC OS does not see USB port

Post by neradoc »

Can you tell more about what you are doing and what issues you are encountering ?
Are you having errors programming it with the Arduino IDE ?
Have you looked at the guide ? https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tri ... -ide-setup

babanathy

Post by babanathy »

I am using a MacBook Pro (13" M1, 2020) running under macOS Monterey version 12.2.1. I have no problems compiling the code, the Arduino IDE has been updated to recognize the Adafruit products that I am using. When I try to upload the code for the Trinket MO the USB port is not available. The Arduino IDE does recognize the Trinket MO, but does not show a MAC USB port.

babanathy

Post by babanathy »

PROBLEM SOLVED: selected "TinyUSB" on the Arduino IDE USB stack, and pressed the reset button on the Trinket MO twice in quick succession. Everything works perfectly. So, there is not a hardware issue at all, just a minor alteration to the way the Arduino IDE is used.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”