Out of Disk Space

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
holmesha

Out of Disk Space

Post by holmesha »

I'm trying to run the Proximity Spacebar game on the proximity trinkey (APDS9960), however, every time I try to copy over the required libraries it says there is not enough disk space. I know disk space is pretty limited, but am I doing something wrong? Does Circuit Python take up more space than Arduino? Ideally I'd like to use all three functions at the same time, proximity/space bar, LEDs and touch pads.

Thanks!!

dastels

Re: Out of Disk Space

Post by dastels »

Does Circuit Python take up more space than Arduino?
That's really an apples & oranges comparison. An C++ (aka Arduino) program is binary machine code for the MCU as well as any static data. For Circupt python there's the runtime (binary machine code), libraries (usually CircuitPython byte code in MPY files), and your program (Python source in PY files). So the same functionality/program done in CircuitPython will take up vastly more space than a C++ implementation.

Tips for reducing space used on the drive: https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... 2978466-58

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”