Trinket M0 turns on but cannot see the port

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
redkaili

Trinket M0 turns on but cannot see the port

Post by redkaili »

Hello,
One of the trinkets I just bought does not show up in the ports anymore, I tried everything, reset the Trinket M0, turn off and restart arduino IDE, test another board (works) delete IDE, download it again and reinstall, change USB cable, the other Trinket M0 boards I got work just fine.
Any solutions?
Thank you.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Trinket M0 turns on but cannot see the port

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

If you double press the reset button, does the BOOT folder show up?

redkaili

Post by redkaili »

I do not know where the boot folder should be, but noting happens when I double boot. Now my good Trinket M0 is not working either and I opened a third one that also does not show, I have tried with 2 cables( they are both new, that I bought for these trinkets, they are amazon branded, I also tried my laptop with the same results. Am I missing some driver I do not know of? Both computers are run-in MacOS BigSur. Any Ideas? A bad batch of trinkets, a bad batch of cables? My Arduino UNO's connect flawlessly. Also when I disconnected the third Trinket M0 my computer complained that I did not eject properly my "CIRCUITPY" not what it says for the other ones which it calls Trinket. By the way I do not see any of them in the finder, but somehow Mac OS wants me to eject them before disconnecting. I hope someone out there can make any sense of this.
Thank you

adafruit_support_carter

When you double press the reset button on the Trinket M0, what do these two LEDs do? Describe color and any blinking action they may exhibit.
trinket_leds.jpg
trinket_leds.jpg (53.54 KiB) Viewed 197 times

redkaili

Post by redkaili »

Now it worked. Double reset turned the large LED from annoying superbright pink to annoying superbright green and the small next to the USB started doing a 2-3 second slow fade and then back up, Port reappeared with both, one sec. the other one also pops up. Kudos for great customer service despite my lack of 'follow directions' skills. I was dreading the no phone, go to the forum and we will answer in 3 days thing, but Adafruit gave me nothing to complain. Thank you.
Now to test my luck. Is there a way to turn uff the LED after a little while, I am working on a project with CR2032 batteries that have to last for about 20 hours while recording a lot of sensor readings.
Thank you again

adafruit_support_carter

That LED behavior is the expected behavior when it bootloader mode - which you entered with the double press of the reset button. If there is ever an issue with USB, like a bad USB cable, the status LED will be red instead of green.

The green "On" LED can not be controlled. It's the power indicator LED and is always on.

The other two LEDs can be controlled by code. The little red one is easiest. It is a basic LED tied to pin 13. So just set pin 13 low to turn off. The other LED is a DotStar. See here for basic info on controlling a DotStar LED:
https://learn.adafruit.com/circuitpytho ... on-dotstar

However, for both of those LEDs, if you do nothing they will likely be off by default.

redkaili

Post by redkaili »

Thank you!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”