Hey, are you using Windows and having verification errors?

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
oldee

Re: Hey, are you using Windows and having verification error

Post by oldee »

I got my Trinket boot loader to work with the Arduino IDE last night. Most of what I did I understand but there is a little magic.

First I accidentally used a USB-3 port even though I read the note that it would not work. I suggest documenting the error which is something like "USB device malfunctioning". Great USB-3 detector BTW.

I downloaded the IDE ZIP file v1.0.5 and applied the Adafruit suggested patches and config changes. I got errors others have already documented i.e. the "(expected 4, got -5)" or "CMD: [48 00 12 93] [00 00 00 00]". Eventually I noticed that I placed the avrdude.conf file, and ld.exe in "Program Files(X86)" which was not the directory I unzipped the file to or ran the IDE from. Sometime since May I installed the 1.0.5 IDE and forgot about it.

After uninstalling the 1.0.5 IDE the blink sketch downloaded with errors complaining about "SPI retries". I then replaced Avrdude with the one attached to the posting, the Trinket debug message appeared, and the sketch downloaded without error. (!!)

Now the magic. I tried my AttinyISP, the Sparkfun version, and it failed complaining of a USB device string mismatch. OK put the original 5.11 version of avrdude back and the AttinyISP worked fine and the Trinket worked without errors! and continues to work today after power cycling my PC.

Last note: Changing the timing parameters in the avrdude.conf file did not, at any time, change any symptoms.

Bottom line is that patching the installed version, vs. the unzipped version doesn't work, like it shouldn't, but there seems to be something from the installed version being used by the zipped version. And then there was the magic with avrdude.exe. I'm happy things are working but in my experience "magic" often comes back to haunt.

Final configuration
  • Adafruit: ld.exe, avrdude.conf (no changes), hardware/attiny
    Stock: avrdude.exe V5.11.
    MIT Hi-Low tech: USB drivers V1.12, hardware/attiny_MIT (renamed from hardware/attiny)
Hope this works for someone else.

Larry

quarren42

Post by quarren42 »

Using Win7 64, with a Gemma - I'll paste the avrdude error below. Changing the 900000 to 400000 didn't help, same error. Also updated to the new avrdude version, same error. My Gemma will go into the infinite-boot cycle with the red LED flashing a bit faster than usual after I try to upload the blink sketch.

avrdude: error: usbtiny_transmit: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

avrdude: error: usbtiny_send: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

(expected 64, got -5)

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

(expected 4, got -5)

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
0x20 != 0x00
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

qwarren - please email support@adafruit and ask for a new gemma, if it does or doesn't work, please post here so we know :)
oldEE - theres a lot of stuff going on, can you try downloading the pre-patched 1.05 here http://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-t ... rduino-ide and report if that works? please make sure you're running the unzipped IDE.

rik tripp

Post by rik tripp »

I have just tried the uzipped (no windows installer) pre-patched version in the previous post. I get following errors when uploading blinktest sketch to GEMMA.

This is my second day of GEMMA & Neopixel ring ownership, been getting verification errors most of the time, thought it was a source code issue, once in a while the sketch uploads OK and the code runs great - Lovin' the Neopixels btw.

I am running Win XP with latest patches.

Hope this helps, will be trying it out on my Ubuntu box tomorrow ;-)

RiK

Code: Select all

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

(expected 4, got -5)

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)

(expected 4, got -5)
         0x20 != 0x00

avrdude: error: usbtiny_transmit: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

RiK - please try the suggestions listed in the first post of this thread, changing avrdude.conf and avrdude.exe

rik tripp

Post by rik tripp »

Oops sorry, assumed pre-patch version already had update avrdude.exe. d/loaded version as first post now back to this error message with blinktest sketch.

Funnily enough I seem to get more reliable uploads with no verification error since I enabled verbose reporting - not 100% perfect though because I still get this from time to time . . .

Hope this helps

RiK

C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.o 
In file included from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Stream.h:26,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/HardwareSerial.h:28,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:193,
                 from GemmaBlinkTest1.ino:17:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:32:1: warning: "BIN" redefined
In file included from c:/ada/windows/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/iotn85.h:38,
                 from c:/ada/windows/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/io.h:284,
                 from c:/ada/windows/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h:82,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:8,
                 from GemmaBlinkTest1.ino:17:
c:/ada/windows/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/iotnx5.h:55:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
  Using previously compiled: C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\malloc.c.o
  Using previously compiled: C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\realloc.c.o
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\WInterrupts.c -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\WInterrupts.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\WInterrupts.c:134:8: warning: #warning attachInterrupt may need some more work for this cpu (case 1)
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\WInterrupts.c:223:8: warning: #warning detachInterrupt may need some more work for this cpu (case 1)
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\WInterrupts.c:314: warning: 'INT1_vect' appears to be a misspelled signal handler
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring.c -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring.c:255:3: warning: #warning this needs to be finished
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring.c:264:3: warning: #warning Timer 2 not finished (may not be present on this CPU)
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring.c:273:3: warning: #warning Timer 2 not finished (may not be present on this CPU)
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring_analog.c -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring_analog.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring_digital.c -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring_digital.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring_pulse.c -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring_pulse.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-gcc -c -g -Os -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\wiring_shift.c -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring_shift.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\CDC.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\CDC.cpp.o 
In file included from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/Stream.h:26,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/HardwareSerial.h:28,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/Arduino.h:193,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/Platform.h:15,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\CDC.cpp:19:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/Print.h:32:1: warning: "BIN" redefined
In file included from c:/ada/windows/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/iotn85.h:38,
                 from c:/ada/windows/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h:82,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/Platform.h:6,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\CDC.cpp:19:
c:/ada/windows/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/iotnx5.h:55:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\HardwareSerial.cpp.o 
In file included from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/Stream.h:26,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp:28:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/Print.h:32:1: warning: "BIN" redefined
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\/Arduino.h:8,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HardwareSerial.cpp:28:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HID.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\HID.cpp.o 
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HID.cpp:19:
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\HID.cpp:19:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\IPAddress.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\IPAddress.cpp.o 
In file included from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Stream.h:26,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\IPAddress.cpp:2:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:32:1: warning: "BIN" redefined
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\IPAddress.cpp:2:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\main.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\main.cpp.o 
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\main.cpp:1:
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\main.cpp:1:
  Using previously compiled: C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\new.cpp.o
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Print.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\Print.cpp.o 
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Print.cpp:26:
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Print.cpp:26:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Print.cpp: In member function 'size_t Print::print(const __FlashStringHelper*)':
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Print.cpp:44: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Stream.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\Stream.cpp.o 
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Stream.cpp:23:
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Stream.cpp:23:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Tone.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\Tone.cpp.o 
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Tone.cpp:37:
                 from c:/ada/windows/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/interrupt.h:38,
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Tone.cpp:35:
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Tone.cpp:119: warning: only initialized variables can be placed into program memory area
C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\Tone.cpp:535: warning: 'TIMER2_COMPA_vect' appears to be a misspelled signal handler
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ -c -g -Os -Wall -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -DF_CPU=8000000L -MMD -DUSB_VID=null -DUSB_PID=null -DARDUINO=105 -IC:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino -IC:\Documents and Settings\Richard\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny\variants\tiny8 C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\USBCore.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\USBCore.cpp.o 
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\USBCore.cpp:19:
                 from C:\ada\windows\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino\USBCore.cpp:19:
  Using previously compiled: C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\WMath.cpp.o
  Using previously compiled: C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\WString.cpp.o
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\malloc.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\realloc.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\WInterrupts.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring_analog.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring_digital.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring_pulse.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\wiring_shift.c.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\CDC.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\HardwareSerial.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\HID.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\IPAddress.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\main.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\new.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\Print.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\Stream.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\Tone.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\USBCore.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\WMath.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\WString.cpp.o 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-gcc -Os -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=attiny85 -o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.elf C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.o C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\core.a -LC:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp -lm 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-objcopy -O ihex -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom=alloc,load --no-change-warnings --change-section-lma .eeprom=0 C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.elf C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.eep 
C:\ada\windows\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-objcopy -O ihex -R .eeprom C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.elf C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.hex 
Binary sketch size: 832 bytes (of a 5,310 byte maximum)
C:\ada\windows\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\ada\windows\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -pattiny85 -cusbtiny -Uflash:w:C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 5.11svn-20111019, compiled on Oct  9 2013 at 11:48:15
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\ada\windows\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : lpt1
         Using Programmer              : usbtiny
avrdude: usbdev_open(): Found USBtinyISP, bus:device: bus-0:\\.\libusb0-0001--0x1781-0x0c9f
         AVR Part                      : ATtiny85
         Chip Erase delay              : 900000 us
         PAGEL                         : P00
         BS2                           : P00
         RESET disposition             : possible i/o
         RETRY pulse                   : SCK
         serial program mode           : yes
         parallel program mode         : yes
         Timeout                       : 200
         StabDelay                     : 100
         CmdexeDelay                   : 25
         SyncLoops                     : 32
         ByteDelay                     : 0
         PollIndex                     : 3
         PollValue                     : 0x53
         Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65    12     4    0 no        512    4      0  4000  4500 0xff 0xff
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           flash         65     6    32    0 yes      8192   64    128 30000 30000 0xff 0xff
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          2    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : USBtiny
         Description     : USBtiny simple USB programmer, http://www.ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/
avrdude: programmer operation not supported

avrdude: TRINKET BOOTLOADER SELECTED

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | CMD: [30 00 00 00] [00 00 00 1e]
CMD: [30 00 01 00] [00 00 00 93]
################CMD: [30 00 02 00] [00 00 00 0b]
################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e930b
avrdude: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
         To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude: erasing chip
CMD: [ac 80 00 00] [00 00 00 00]

avrdude: reading input file "C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.hex"
avrdude: writing flash (832 bytes):

Writing | CMD: [4c 00 00 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [4c 00 20 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [4c 00 40 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [4c 00 60 00] [00 00 00 00]
#CMD: [4c 00 80 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [4c 00 a0 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [4c 00 c0 00] [00 00 00 00]
#CMD: [4c 00 e0 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [4c 01 00 00] [00 00 00 00]
#CMD: [4c 01 20 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [4c 01 40 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [4c 01 60 00] [00 00 00 00]
#CMD: [4c 01 80 00] [00 00 00 00]
############################################## | 100% 2.25s

avrdude: 832 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.hex:
avrdude: input file C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\build7253606834223351807.tmp\GemmaBlinkTest1.cpp.hex contains 832 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ####avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 13: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 14: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 15: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 16: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 17: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 18: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 19: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 20: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 21: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 22: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 23: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 24: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 25: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 26: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 27: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 28: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 29: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 30: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 31: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 32: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 33: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 34: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 35: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 36: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 37: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 38: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 39: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 40: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 41: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 42: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 43: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 44: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 45: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 46: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 47: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 48: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 49: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 50: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 51: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 52: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 53: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 54: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 55: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 56: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 57: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 58: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 59: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 60: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 61: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 62: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 63: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 64: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 65: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 66: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 67: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 68: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 69: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 70: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 71: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 72: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 73: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 74: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 75: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 76: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 77: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 78: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 79: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 80: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 81: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 82: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 83: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 84: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 85: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 86: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 87: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 88: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 89: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 90: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 91: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 92: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 93: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 94: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 95: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 96: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 97: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 98: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 99: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 100: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 101: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 102: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 103: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 104: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 105: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 106: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 107: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 108: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 109: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 110: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 111: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 112: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 113: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 114: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 115: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 116: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 117: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 118: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 119: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 120: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 121: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 122: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 123: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 124: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 125: no interesting data
avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 126: no interesting data
#avrdude: avr_read(): skipping page 127: no interesting data
# | 100% 0.52s

avrdude: verifying ...
         0xff != 0x20

avrdude done.  Thank you.

doglaw

Post by doglaw »

Doug, you've got a very finicky one! :) is it possible for you to try another computer?
I installed avrdude on a Dell inspiron 660s running windows 8 and attempted to upload the trinketblink.hex file several times. Each time I receive many, many errors together with verification errors. Is it possible that the product is defective?

rik tripp

Post by rik tripp »

Concerned that the verification failures when uploading sketches via Win XP might be due due a hardware fault at silicon level with my GEMMA. I have now installed Adruino IDE on my Ubuntu laptop.

Pleased to report that over the past two days I have had 100% success with uploads using tutorial examples and HerrRausB's wonderful Gemmahoop sketch. In other words zero upload verification errors.

Having said that, I remain happy to go back to the XP box in order to test and report on any possible fixes if it helps, otherwise running on Ubuntu for the foreseeable future.

Cheers

RiK

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Doug - lets get you another one - email support@adafruit!

technobly

Post by technobly »

Modified version of n0rd's post, a little different results!
1) what exact version of windows are you using?
Windows 7 Professional, 32-bit (Service Pack 1).
Arduino 1.0.5 (Zipped version, Modified with libraries and styles with this driver and the steps on this page done (ie Added ATtiny85 Support, Updated 'avrdude.conf' and Updated 'ld.exe') I had to also remove lines 1516 through 1632 of my avrdude.conf file for another error it was reporting in avrdude. Also I'm specifying the config file with "-C ..\etc\avrdude.conf" for an error I was getting where it couldn't find the config file.
2) what exact product is it?
Tinket 5V
3) can you paste the avrdude error?

avrdude: error: usbtiny_receive: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command. (expected 4, got -5)
This message repeats over and over.
4) if you edit the avrdude.conf file and change the 900000 to 400000, does that fix things?
Yes but message (above #3) is still displayed once however Trinket gets programmed (tested only with "Blink" sketch). Same result in ArduinoIDE and avrdude command line.
5) how about if you update your avrdude to this version attached here, does that fix things?
With 'chip_erase_delay' set to 400000 or 900000 it works in avrdude and ArduinoIDE with the following messages:

I spent all morning working on setting this up and getting through the errors. You guys have obviously done a ton of work to get Trinket to where it is currently, and hopefully you can give it that final push to be more of an out of the box plug and play experience like Arduino. It's a nice little development board that packs a lot of power the size and price. Since Sparkfun has reduced the cost of the Arduino Pro Mini's, they are probably still my goto board when I don't need to emulate USB devices. :D

paw376

Post by paw376 »

I'm running Windows XP and connecting to a 5V trinket. I've added ATtiny85 support to the IDE, updated avrdude.conf, and updated the linker. I can upload the trinketblink.hex file from the command line and my trinket blinks as expected.

However, I'm receiving the following errors when I try to upload via the IDE:

(expected 4, got -5)
# | 100% 0.33s

avrdude: verifying ...
0x0e != 0x00

avrdude: error: usbtiny_transmit: usb_control_msg: sending control message failed, win error: The device does not recognize the command.

avrdude done. Thank you.

There's too many of the (expected 4, got -5) errors to see what AVRDUDE is saying when it first runs. Is there a way to increase the buffer to allow more messages to be stored?

Is there a way to save a hex file from the IDE so I can manually upload my sketch from the command line?

technobly

Post by technobly »

@PAW376 did you try step 4 and 5 from the first post of this thread?

doglaw

Post by doglaw »

The replacement device seems to have resolved the problems I was having with the verification errors. Thank-you Adafruit!

paw376

Post by paw376 »

@FightCube:
I finally got it to work.

I had seen the notes to change chip_erase_delay to 40000 and I changed it in avr\bin\avrdude.conf. It worked for avrdude but not the IDE. I finally realized that the IDE is using the avrdude.conf from avr\etc so I copied the avr\bin version to avr\etc and it's now working. I still get one of the (expected 4, got -5) errors but the program uploads correctly.

Thanks for your help.

technobly

Post by technobly »

PAW376 wrote:@FightCube:
I finally got it to work.

I had seen the notes to change chip_erase_delay to 40000 and I changed it in avr\bin\avrdude.conf. It worked for avrdude but not the IDE. I finally realized that the IDE is using the avrdude.conf from avr\etc so I copied the avr\bin version to avr\etc and it's now working. I still get one of the (expected 4, got -5) errors but the program uploads correctly.

Thanks for your help.
@PAW376, that's good to hear.

Some comments:

1) avrdude.conf is not normally located at avr\bin\avrdude.conf but I can see how it would work there considering that's there the avrdude.exe is located. I actually have to specify where my avrdude.conf file is located when using it from the command line so I might just make a copy of it in the avr\bin\ directory to avoid having to do that.

2) did you try step #5 from the first post? There is a special build of the avrdude.exe attached to that first post that fixed the single error issue you are currently having, for me. When it did, I was able to run the chip_erase_delay at the normal 900000 setting as well. You might give that a try if you don't want to see any errors.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”