Connecting 2 Arduinos with BLE?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Connecting 2 Arduinos with BLE?

by cam_era on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:01 am

I wonder if someone here has connected 2 Arduinos with BLE directly, not through an App. I am currently using a Mega with the Bluefruit LE UART Friend and want to be able connect it to another Arduino (Uno or whatever). The project needs this to be BLE, so I can't move to Wifi or Xbee for example.

Any ideas?

cam_era

Re: Connecting 2 Arduinos with BLE?

by adafruit2 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:58 pm

no you cant because BLE needs a central and a peripheral and our bluefruit boards are all peripherals

adafruit2
Site Admin

by cam_era on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:54 am

adafruit2 wrote:no you cant because BLE needs a central and a peripheral and our bluefruit boards are all peripherals

Ok, I didn't know that, thank you. How about one of the Arduinos runs on the Bluefruit Board (as described) and the other runs on "some other" BLE module. HM-10 or something like that. Would that work?

cam_era

by adafruit2 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:39 am

no idea, it has to be a central tho

adafruit2
Site Admin

by p2w on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:27 am

cam_era wrote:How about one of the Arduinos runs on the Bluefruit Board (as described) and the other runs on "some other" BLE module. HM-10 or something like that. Would that work?

You could use an adafruit feather nRF52 and program the central on it. I use it a lot to connect to other BLE peripherals and works like a charm.

It needs a bit of knowledge on BLE though which has a somewhat steep learning curve to conquer (though there are some rough "how to" examples).

p2w

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.