Documentation on HIDKeyboard

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
willwade

Re: Documentation on HIDKeyboard

Post by willwade »

Thanks! Dumped it all here: https://github.com/AceCentre/RelayKeys Need to give you a bit more kudos in the readme :)

I'll work on that pygame code this week. It needs to be resizable, a couple of buttons (Turn on/off) - and I want to do something with the mouse stuff. Great stuff.

bbx10node

Post by bbx10node »

@willwade The git repo looks fine! The credit to me is fine except for one thing.

"bbx10 - Initial work - bbx10/haroldpimentel.BANNED.com"

I am not Harold Pimentel although I linked to his blog post as an example of extracting key up/down from a computer then sending key presses using a Bluetooth device. He should also get credit because I did not understand the point of the project until I read his post.

I am off to looking at the Nordic SDK and nRF52840 dev kits. I may need more low level control of the chip that the SDK might allow.

When I have more comments I will post in the repo issues.

willwade

Post by willwade »

Ah thanks and apologies! I’ll update those notes ASAP. Thanks again!

rogan

Post by rogan »

An alternative hardware to consider is the Nordic nRF52840 dongle (https://www.nordicsemi.com/?sc_itemid=% ... B6568C9%7D). Compact, no soldering, etc, etc. Just find a USB Flash drive case to fit, and it would not look out of place anywhere. It's also cheap as anything, around $12 or so.

I also want to say great work with this project! I support the AceCentre objectives wholeheartedly!

willwade

Post by willwade »

Thanks Rogan. Can we use a similar AT Command interface to that dongle do you know? Looks good.

rogan

Post by rogan »

I have no idea what firmwares are available for it.

If you have something that is already running on an nRF52840, I'm sure it will run on this dongle too. Bluetooth is purely an on-chip thing, to my understanding, and should not depend significantly on other aspects of the board. (Other than perhaps the bootloader, perhaps)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”