Ultra-low power transceiver module (<5mA)

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
anwerr38

Ultra-low power transceiver module (<5mA)

Post by anwerr38 »

Hi,
I am working on a project Where I would like to transmit a signal from a sensor (Thermistor) wirelessly. My challenge is that I have a very weak power source that I want to demonstrate it is performance. The source can deliver 3 V- 2mA consistently. I was wondering if there are any transceiver modules (Tx & Rx) that work with 3V - 5mA or less on the transmitter side. Short-distance channels are fine (5 meters to 10 meters) is fine. I am flexible with most other parameters such as bandwidth, sampling rate,... etc. My main concern is that I can power my device. Therefore I am looking for the lowest power-consuming transmitter.

Thank you,
Anwar Elhadad

sj_remington

Re: Ultra-low power transceiver module (<5mA)

Post by sj_remington »

Most people would use a source like that to charge a capacitor and do the required work in bursts.

The Miller Solar Engine allows you to drive motors this way, even from a tiny solar cell, so any radio module would be a straightforward application.

Another option is to use the LTC3108 energy harvesting IC.

anwerr38

Post by anwerr38 »

Yeah, I have seen LTC3108 being recommended while searching. I will look into it. Are there any Ultra-low power transceivers you recommend?

sj_remington

Post by sj_remington »

No.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”