dual peripheral selective advertising

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
spsexton

dual peripheral selective advertising

Post by spsexton »

I am paralyzed and use accessibility features on iPhone as well as eye gaze systems. Years ago I wrote an app for my windows system to use a bluefruit le friend as a Bluetooth keyboard for my iPhone. I have recently switched to an iPad eye gaze system and because I don't like the apple options to control my iPhone I have used a nrf52840 itsybitsy with a dual peripheral configuration to act as a ble keyboard to the iPhone and a ble uart to the ipad.

is there any way to stop advertising the hid service after the iPhone connects while still advertising the uart service for the ipad?

also in ios 15.x apple introduced some default full keyboard access shortcuts that use Fn. I assume to encourage use of their keyboard. Wondering if any suggestions on how to signal Fn with my nrf52840 itsybitsy keyboard.

thanks

FriehoffT

Re: dual peripheral selective advertising

Post by FriehoffT »

Hi did you find out anything further about the Fn key over BLE?
I am building a Braille Keyboard and such information would be also helpful for my project.
Thomas

spsexton

Post by spsexton »

unfortunately there is no standard for Fn and I have not figured out how apple is sending it.

spsexton

Post by spsexton »

I found a possible format here https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... board-2015
but I don't know how to send using the Bluefruit52Lib blehid since the format contains some extra bytes.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”