Bluefruit AT commands does not respond

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Wlylorenzen

Bluefruit AT commands does not respond

Post by Wlylorenzen »

Hi Adafruit

I have a large amount of "Adafruit Bluefruit LE UART Friend - Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)" that I am using in applications where we read data from the Bluetooth. The main application does not write to our product, but we had an issue where the device name reverted back to the default (Adafruit Bluefruit LE). I found a forum post about fixing this issue by updating the firmware, thanks to cmhoneycutt343:
viewtopic.php?uid=481538&f=19&t=162322&start=0

Test issue is that when I connected via the app on the old firmware version is was able to use AT commands to change the devicename of the bluefruit module running Version 0.6.2, updating the firmware to Version 0.8.1 (newest at the moment) I lost the ability to use AT commands. The same issue was found in another post:

viewtopic.php?uid=481538&f=53&t=167244&start=0

Here they suggest to use a serial wire connection but is will be a lot of work to do with respect to doing it over Bluetooth. Is it deliberate that the AT commands over Bluetooth is removed? And is there a way to get it back in the newest firmware. I have tried to factory reset the board and ground the CTS pin with no luck.

The solution that I have ended with at the moment is to update to version 0.7.0. This version still responds to AT commands so I can change the device name, and is higher than version 0.6.7 that should fix the reverting of the name.
The suspected bug fix that solved the name issue: “An issue where a timer overflow was causing factory resets every 4 hours or so has been resolved.”

I am looking forward to your respond, and if there is a easy way to update the firmware on the board either over the air or through a wire please let me know as I have to update a lot.

Best regards
Lasse

dskogman

Re: Bluefruit AT commands does not respond

Post by dskogman »

I am having the same issue. Have you had any response yet?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”