📬❄️📦Adafruit Holiday Shipping Deadlines 2019: Attention all domestic customers! Please place UPS Ground and USPS First Class & Priority orders by 11am ET Monday December 9, 2019 📬❄️📦 Attention all international customers! Please place all UPS WORLDWIDE EXPRESS; SAVER, and DHL EXPRESS WORLDWIDE orders by 11am ET Monday December 9, 2019 📬❄️📦

Support for RTL-SDR Antenna
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Support for RTL-SDR Antenna

by johnsigmon1 on Fri May 26, 2017 4:34 pm

I received this USB SDR (P1497BN) and am having trouble getting the SDR software to recognize the device. I am running Windows 10 and the device appears under the device manager. I tried the Zadig driver fix in the tutorial. I tried to update the driver from a third party site, and tried to get Windows to update the driver automatically. When the SDR software is open, I choose RTL-SDR (USB) as my source. Then I click on the settings wheel, and where I am supposed to select the device, the drop down menu is grayed out and will not select anything. To the right of "Device" (not in the drop down menu) it says "E4000". Any ideas would be helpful.

Additionally, I do not have a CD drive and thus was not able to install whatever came on this mini CD.

Any ideas are appreciated!

johnsigmon1

Re: Support for RTL-SDR Antenna

by mjhughes on Fri May 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Did you see the install guide over at learn.adafruit.com?
Maybe this will help? https://learn.adafruit.com/getting-star ... driver-fix

mjhughes

by johnsigmon1 on Fri May 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Yes I tried everything on the start up tutorial. Thanks though!

johnsigmon1

by johnsigmon1 on Sat May 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Can anybody from Adafruit help with this? I really would like to get this working ASAP and contact us says this is the only route for technical assistance.

johnsigmon1

by Chessplayer679 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am

I have the same problem with Zadig, the device driver won't show in the left box of the arrow. This is the most un-user friendly software I have ever ever encounter[color=#FF0040][size=200][/size][/color]. I will never spend another dollar with this Adafruit company again.

Chessplayer679

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.