Adafruit Bluefruit LE Arduino Mega

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lehrian

Re: Adafruit Bluefruit LE Arduino Mega

Post by lehrian »

I'm not sure which Bluefruit LE board you have as you didn't state in your post, but the Bluefruit LE UART (which I have) has a red LED than blinks when it is powered up (I have mine powered with 3.3v but 5v works too as there is a voltage regulator on the breakout board). Depending on the switch it will either blink 2 (UART) or 3 (CMD) times and then repeat. It doesn't have to be connected to a board to do this, just needs power. I have an older Mac Mini (Mid 2011) running Sierra that claims to support LMP Version 4.0 (0x6) but it does not "see" the Bluefruit LE UART as a device to pair, but pairing I think was for the older version of Bluetooth. I haven't written any OSx code to try and connect to it as I'm doing my communication from a smart phone (iPhone and Android). I have an older iPhone 6 that is able to connect to it via Bluefruit iOS app with the device simply being powered up (no serial lines connected) and it even just did a firmware update to 0.8. Hopefully this will help you get your device connected.

maddieschaeferr

Re: Adafruit Bluefruit LE Arduino Mega

Post by maddieschaeferr »

How did you get your app to detect the nrf8001? Was there any lights on the board to show that it was powered properly? Right now, the device is not coming up on the list of Bluetooth devices, so I cannot receive the signal to display the pins. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”