Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Ask for recommendation of the Android phone model that can t
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Ask for recommendation of the Android phone model that can t

by bhl on Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:31 am

Hi,

I am building a small project using Arduino and Adafruit NRF8001 breakout board. The BLE connection between NRF8001 and an iPhone is successful. However, I cannot connect this board to a Pixel 2 phone running Android 10 under its Bluetooth setting.

Would anyone give me some recommendations of the Android phones that you have successfully connected NRF8001 to?

Thank you!

bhl

Re: Ask for recommendation of the Android phone model that c

by bhl on Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:15 pm

Some more details of my problem:

1. I am using Adadruit nRF8001 breakout board and also the SW driver linked in the Arduino library.

2. I am using the Adafruit examplary Arduino sktech "callbackEcho" and installed Bluefruit app in both my iphone and Android.

3. When using ios, I can use my bluefruit to talk to Arduino sketch in the PC via the seiral monitor. After connecting the phone to the Arduino via the bluefruit app, I can also see the device name showing up in the list of the connected bluetooth device in iphone's general setting.

4. When using android, I can use my bluefruit to talk to Arduino sketch in the PC via the seiral monitor. (this is the same as what it is for ios). However, after connecting the phone to the Arduino via the bluefruit app, I can only see the device name showing up in the list of the devices detected in Android's general setting. I tried to touch the icon of this device to connect but it showed "pairing rejected by this BLE device (nRF8001)".

Please help me on this issue. Thank you!

bhl

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:38 am

I'm afraid we don't have any information about specific phones or versions of Android that work with the nRF8001.

The nRF8001 is a fairly old chip.. older than the official BLE specification and BT-4.0 spec, so I don't know if Android supports it at all.

adafruit_support_mike

by bhl on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:47 pm

Thank you!would you give me some recommendations of the adafruit modules that has been proved to work with recent Android system?
The definition of working is: this ble module can be detected in the list of the Bluetooth device. And when I tap the icon it can be connected. When I did this for NRF8001 breakout board, it shows” pairing rejected by this device(nRF8001).
Thank you!

bhl

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:01 am

We mostly use the nRF51822, or microcontrollers with built-in BLE like the nRF52840:

https://www.adafruit.com/?q=nRF51822
https://www.adafruit.com/?q=nRF52840

The nRF51822 needs to be connected to a microcontroller like the nRF8001. The nRF52840 is a full BLE system in one package, microcontroller and radio.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.