Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Bluetooth streaming
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bluetooth streaming

by Yaronshlomo on Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 am

I am looking for a board that can be connected with an android phone and stream music to a speakers, i am also need it to be small as possible and connect to:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1712

with:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1669

I will also need small battery with charging module.

please advise.

Yaronshlomo

Re: Bluetooth streaming

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:22 am

BLE can't transmit data fast enough for audio. It maxes out at a few tens of kilobytes per second.

For audio, you need what's now called Bluetooth Classic. Unfortunately BT-C requires a vendor ID that you can only get as a dues-paying member of the Bluetooth Working Group. You pretty much have to scavenge audio Bluetooth hardware from off-the-shelf products.

adafruit_support_mike

by Yaronshlomo on Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:28 am

I had no idea, thanks.

Yaronshlomo

by 762spr on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:56 pm

Check out microchip's BM83 module. I think it will do exactly what you need! (even has built in battery charger!)

762spr

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:58 am

Finding hardware that can do it is no problem. Getting the license (in this case, the VID) to use the hardware is the hard part.

adafruit_support_mike

by smcculley on Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:57 am

So, if my intent was to make a phone dialing device that also had a speakerphone (to connect to my iPhone) I'm outta luck?

smcculley

by adafruit_support_mike on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:37 am

If you want to build it from the ground up and don't feel like handing a few thousand dollars to the BT-WG, yeah.. pretty much. The rules of that product category are written for the benefit of the big players.

The most viable option is to scavenge BT-C hardware from off-the-shelf products and use that as part of a system you've built yourself. There are no laws or rules that prevent hijacking licensed hardware for purposes the manufacturer didn't intend.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.