Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Feather M0 Bluefruit LE firmware update failed
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feather M0 Bluefruit LE firmware update failed

by jetforme on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:37 am

It seems my Bluefruit LE is bricked. I tried updating the firmware via the iOS app, it seemed to go smoothly. Then I power-cycled the Feather, and now the RED LED is blinking stead at maybe 2Hz. The AT Command example app shows no response from the module, and the iOS app doesn't see it any more.

Other example apps report "Couldn't factory reset." It seems bricked. I don't see an example app that can do a more thorough update.

I can't find docs on the meaning of the LED flashes. I wish the Learn page was more comprehensive.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

jetforme

Re: Feather M0 Bluefruit LE firmware update failed

by jetforme on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:44 am

UPDATE: Now it's blinking the blue LED at 2 Hz, and then it periodically blinks the red LED 3 times at 2 Hz every 5 seconds or so. Still can't do a factory reset or show up in the iOS app.

OH! After resetting the board and it attempted to send the AT+FACTORYRESET, the blue LED is off and the red LED is blinking at 2 Hz.

jetforme

by jetforme on Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Hmm, seems it had something to do with being in my circuit. Pulling it out of that allows the MCU to communicate with it.

jetforme

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:35 am

Post a photo showing your hardware and connections. We might be able to find what was interfering with the upload. 800x600 images usually work best.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.