🎁📬❄️📦 Holiday Shipping Deadlines are approaching! International customers and domestic ground - get your orders in 12/9/2020 📦❄️📬🎁

Absolute mouse placement for BLE HD Mouse using bluefruit
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Absolute mouse placement for BLE HD Mouse using bluefruit

by johncohn on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:00 am

Hi friends… I have a wonderful NRF 52832 bluefruit feather. I'm using it to control an assistive mouse on an iPad. I'm starting with this example:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_nR ... /hid_mouse
For the most part it works great. I'm now trying to place the mouse to a specific location. It looks like the bluefruit API moveMouse(x,y) can only be used to move the mouse to a relative location. Eg moveMouse(0,1) moves the mouse one unit up, and moveMouse(-1,0) move the mouse one unit to the left. Does anyone know how I might position the mouse at an absolute location?… I have a feeling that something like the command mouseReport() would give me the current absolute location… And then I could do a Delta to position the mouse where I want it might work… But I can't find an example of mouseReport(). Does anyone out there have an example of doing absolute mouse placement?… Any help appreciated thanksDoes anyone out there have an example of doing absolute mouse placement?… Any help appreciated thanks
-jc

johncohn

Re: Absolute mouse placement for BLE HD Mouse using bluefrui

by hathach on Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:22 am

HID mouse (usb and ble) can only move in relative. If you want to move to absolute x,y you can do the trick by moving it -max x, - max y e.g -4k, -4k first to get it to 0,0 then move from there

hathach

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.