Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Starter looking for pointers on setting up remote monitoring
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Starter looking for pointers on setting up remote monitoring

by gingerworx on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:29 am

Hello all,

Im looking for some pointers in what direction to go and or if it is possible with what adafruit has to offer.

I would like to make a system to remotely monitor several shaft speeds on my grain drying system i would also like to be able to measure some current and temperature of a couple electric motors . i would like to be able to monitor this from my phone so as not to have to be in the building to check on performance

any and all advice would be great not sure this is the right spot for the question.

gingerworx

Re: Starter looking for pointers on setting up remote monito

by ATSa on Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:29 am

Hi Gingerworx

Sounds like a fun project.

The Adafruit CLUE and the Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense both have on board BLE radios for broadcasting sensor data to a smartphone and/or Raspberry Pi. Both boards also have temperature sensors as well as IMUs (inertial measurement units). Adafruit has a US5881LUA Hall effect sensor that can work with a magnet. The Adafruit feather-wing Adalogger offers real-time clock and SD card capabilities for data storage for later use (trend analysis, pattern recognition/machine learning, etc). Both boards have the horsepower to run machine learning algorithms aka TinyML.

How are you currently prototyping things?

ATSa

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.