Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Searching for more throughput!
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Searching for more throughput!

by TechDad on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 pm

Hello all! I'm a research assistant for a university, and am working on controlling a wearable robot with an IOS application. Our previous bluetooth module was br/edr, and I chose the Bluefruit BLE Uart friend to use with my iphone app. Our old bluetooth module operated at 115200 baud, and it seems that the BLE UART friend is limited to 9600 buad. As I understand it this would limit the throughput of our device significantly. Is there a bluetooth module thats compatible with IOS (They recently added BR/EDR support but there are some device limitations that I'm not sure about) while still maintaining a high throughput?

Thank you for your time.

TechDad

Re: Searching for more throughput!

by dherrada on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:51 pm

According to https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-the-adafruit-bluefruit-le-uart-friend/hidkeyboard it appears the BLE UART friend can do 115200.

dherrada

Re: Searching for more throughput!

by TechDad on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:43 pm

Yeah it’s weird because in the example sketches the baud is 115200, but there are two places in the guide that imply that the baud is 9600. Also, I am currently only able to send and receive successfully when operating at 9600 baud. Although, I’m not using the built in flow control, or an Arduino sketch from adafruit. Is there a way to configure the Bluefruit friends baud rate via AT commands?
Thanks a bunch!

TechDad

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.