Bluetooth on nRF52840 Express not showing up in Connect App

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
oldblackcrow

Bluetooth on nRF52840 Express not showing up in Connect App

Post by oldblackcrow »

Hello all!

I think I'm missing something... I have the nRF52840 Express plugged in with some basic Arduino code for a sensor. Nothing in the code has anything to do with Bluetooth. So, do I need to code for the Bluetooth radio or should it just show up in the Connect App?

Thanks for your help!

oldblackcrow

Re: Bluetooth on nRF52840 Express not showing up in Connect

Post by oldblackcrow »

Ok... I see that the code.py needs to be uploaded to the board. Did that by copy/pasting the code.py file directly into the board via file explorer but still nothing... IDK

When I go into Mu and plug in my board, it says it's detected... however, when I click on "save" it states, "Could not save file (disk problem) Error saving file to disk . Ensure you have permission to write the file and sufficient disk space."

oldblackcrow

Post by oldblackcrow »

I just followed every step for CircuitPython (https://learn.adafruit.com/circuitpytho ... oth-basics) to get this board to work. Rebooted it many times and still nothing. Very frustrating! Any help is awesomely appreciated.

oldblackcrow

Post by oldblackcrow »

Disreguard.... I figured it out!

Please update your instructions to include "You MUST manually copy adafruit_ble, adafruit_ble_adafruit, and adafruit_bluefruit_connect Libraries into the 'lib' folder on the nRF52840 Express". I did this through Windows File explorer.

I hope this helps someone in a similar predicament.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”