🔮Adafruit sale all weekend long – use the code ADATHX for 15% off! 🔮

Multiple neopixel strands via BLE loopy
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Multiple neopixel strands via BLE loopy

by lionfood on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:22 pm

A bit loopy from trying at this all day. I'm a relative newbie but have had some recent recreational python and years ago I had a high school course in C++ & VB...of course I shouldn't leave out my childhood interest in Q-Basic.

I was really hoping to be able to utilize the BLE UART Friend with my arduino UNO to drive 4 separate strands of neopixels along with the controller app control pad buttons to dictate which animation loop to run through continuously from FastLED unless an additional button is pressed. I'm finally stuck and after having been at this for quite a while today almost ready to throw my hands up. I have tried to skin this cat several different ways. Has anyone successfully controlled 4 different strands with continuous animation loops controlled by the controller app's pad buttons?

The only success I have had is in getting a loop to run based upon the inital button pressed; However, this loop can't apparently be interrupted by additional button presses without interrupting or disrupting the animation. Pretty sure I would have this down if the app buttons didn't send both a press & release.

lionfood

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.