Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Config Data / Struct / from Android to Arduino, BLEFriend SP
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Config Data / Struct / from Android to Arduino, BLEFriend SP

by unkajah on Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:23 pm

I am working on a project using your BLEFriend SPI, UART to Arduino.

I am looking for an elegant solution for sending configuration data From my Android app, to the Arduino.
I am storing the data in a struct format to EEPROM.

I can send short (20 chars) text strings to the Arduino via BLE UART Service. (using Adafruit BLE Connect as example)
I would like some advice on how I should send multiple configuration settings, including 2 lookup tables, with 20 rows each, x 3 columns.
More than LE GATT Characteristics will allow I think.

I have achieved this sending text strings from the Android App, but have had to spend a ton of time, adding 20 ms pauses, wrapping things in brackets, like this <PropName:Value:>
as well as telling the controller what lookup table to store, then sending "Ready" from the controller, etc.. It "works" but still hangs, especially when you get more then 10 feet or so away, starts having issues.

I need some kind of CRC and way to Acknowledge Receipt, or ask for Resend, etc..
and I dont know how to do that yet. (any help with direction I would really appreciate it)

I feel I am re inventing the wheel, and probably doing it wrong.

any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

unkajah

Re: Config Data / Struct / from Android to Arduino, BLEFrien

by unkajah on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:24 am

Hello All, I am back working on this, and am still looking for some guidance.. I am not having much luck with a reply on this one. can anyone point me to what I might be doing wrong, am I posting this in the wrong place? I really appreciate Adafruit, and love their products. I just need some help with my implementation.
Thanks!

unkajah

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.