MINI BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

MINI BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD

by too_uneeq on Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:20 pm

I received my order today, but I can't get the Mini Bluetooth Keyboard to work. Following the instructions, I am trying to push the thin horizontal button to the right of the Pair LED, but nothing happens. The Pair LED is supposed to blink, but it doesn't. The button does not feel like it can be pressed, there's no tactile feedback like is expected from pressing a button.

too_uneeq

Re: MINI BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD

by too_uneeq on Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:42 pm

Hello, I discovered the problem and fixed it. The Pairing button felt like it would not press, and there was no tactile feedback from (presumably) a microswitch the button was trying to engage. I opened the unit very carefully to ensure that the keyboard, the button, and the PC board were all in their proper places and not misaligned. I powered on the unit and manually actuated the microswitch with my fingernail, and the blue pairing light finally came on. I checked the pairing button to ensure nothing was impeding its movement, and then reassembled the unit. The pairing button moved this time, and if I pressed hard enough, I could feel it actuating the microswitch, and the blue pairing light illuminated. I was subsequently able to pair with my iPad and all is well.

Feel free to close this ticket.

too_uneeq

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.