Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

nrf52840 basic syntax I/O pins
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

nrf52840 basic syntax I/O pins

by andrewcrawford on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:21 pm

Hello, I am looking to figure out how to simply send data between two Adafruit nRF52840s. The main thing I would like to do is make an LED blink on the peripheral module by pushing a button on the central module. Instead of using the button and LEDs on the adafruit nRF52840 modules, I will use a breadboard to wire those external components to the module pins. My question is, what is the syntax for a code that would do such a function? What would the central and peripheral code look like for sending and receiving data? Also, how do I get the modules to read and send data to and from pins?

I already can get the two modules to connect with each other but I'm not sure where to go from here and how to implement the next part of the code.

I am looking for any guidance that's available and it would be greatly appreciated.

andrewcrawford

Re: nrf52840 basic syntax I/O pins

by blnkjns on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:42 pm

What code do you want? I'm looking for the same thing for use in the Arduino IDE.

blnkjns

by andrewcrawford on Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:51 pm

blnkjns wrote:What code do you want? I'm looking for the same thing for use in the Arduino IDE.

I am looking for some kind of sample code that involves sending data from one module to the other. In this case, I would like to know what the syntax would be for a central sending data to a peripheral that receives it. I would help a lot if I saw an example of that.

Another thing is I'm wondering how to specifically send signals to the pins of the adafruit nRF52840 express feather. A sample code of this would also be helpful so I can get a feeling for what the syntax must look like.

The manual for this module I'm using does not make it easy for beginners and I have been spending months trying to figure this out but no luck. Any guidance in the right direction to help me figure all this out would be great but me seeing example of the correct syntax would be even better. Hope that answers your question

andrewcrawford

by blnkjns on Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:42 am

My question was more: what language? Arduino C++, Circuit Peeton, Javascript for MakeCode, those choices.

blnkjns

by andrewcrawford on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:16 pm

Arduino C++

andrewcrawford

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.