Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Bluefruit LE UART wireless upload
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bluefruit LE UART wireless upload

by ribbonman on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi,
I have a Bluefruit LE UART that I picked up a long time ago and have started playing with it to see what I can do with it.
I have it working fine with the examples that are in the Arduino IDE, I can sends AT commands back and forth between the Arduino serial window and the Bluetooth connect App on my MAC.
I was hoping someone could point me to a tutorial on how to use this as a way to upload sketches to the Arduino OTA, not sure if one of the examples will get me there or I need to do something else?
I have searched for a solution but most search hits are using the HC-05 and a PC and it just doesn't translate for my setup. I'm trying to do it with an Arduino Due as that is what I have wired the Bluefruit too.
Thanks for any help.

ribbonman

Re: Bluefruit LE UART wireless upload

by mikeysklar on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:43 pm

@ribbonman,

I've not seen a successfuly OTA setup with the Bluefruit LE UART + Arduino IDE.

I did come across one wordpress page that a users was successful using one of our nRF52 feathers to upload sketches via OTA. It is not the same hardware setup you have, but you can checkout his process of using:

Arduino IDE generated zip/hex --> nRF Toolbox --> iOS upload

It might not translate entirely to the Bluefruit LE, but you could experiment with a Feather nRF52 should this *unsupported* feature be really important to you.

I cheat and plug a Pi Zero into my controllers so I can access them from anywhere and keep a console, upload sketches and always have solid WiFi access.

mikeysklar

by ribbonman on Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:19 pm

Thanks Mike,
I just finished reading that article when I saw your post but nothing to get me over the hump.

I just can't get the Bluefruit LE to show up in the ports inside the Arduino IDE.

Thanks for the help.

ribbonman

by mikeysklar on Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 am

I think we might be talking about a different wordpress page. It looks like I did not include the link in my previous response.

Take a look at this one:

https://opensourceoceanweatherbuoy.word ... r-the-air/

Note, this uses nRF Toolbox to initially upload the 03_TEST_BLE_UART_II.ino it is not done directly through the Arduino IDE for the setup.

mikeysklar

by ribbonman on Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 pm

mikeysklar wrote:I think we might be talking about a different wordpress page. It looks like I did not include the link in my previous response.

Take a look at this one:

https://opensourceoceanweatherbuoy.word ... r-the-air/

Note, this uses nRF Toolbox to initially upload the 03_TEST_BLE_UART_II.ino it is not done directly through the Arduino IDE for the setup.

That's the one I read, I was hoping to do it through the Arduino IDE.

ribbonman

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.